1st Trimester
Options

Baby Shower Blues

So, my MIL called me telling me she wants to throw my baby shower. I love my MIL dearly and I am very honored that she wants to do it and that she is so excited about it. The problem is that my mother is in the south helping my sister with her first baby and won't be back until around the first of July. I don't think this would upset my mother but I don't want her to come back and have everything already decided without her knowing. I kind of wanted to wait until I am in my second trimester to start thinking about a shower, since we all know that the first trimester is a delicate time, and by that time my mother will be back. I'm at a loss. I'm just trying not to hurt anyone's feelings. Any help would be appreciated

Re: Baby Shower Blues

• Options
    i would just explain to your mother in law why you feel this way surely she will understand you don't wanna do this with out your mother
  • Options
    Tell her you don't feel comfortable planning without your mother being present and you'd like to be in the 2nd trimester and out of delicate (LMAO btw) territory :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

would your MIL be interested in putting a shower together with your mom (as in duel host)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ReeseMReeseM member
    I would just tell her you want to wait until you are in your second tri to even talk about it. 
  • Options
    Wow. This is REALLY early for a baby shower. Unless you plan on getting everything unisex. Tell her you would love one, but not so soon.
    Yeah...my pics were so old. I got 3 kids. Nuff said. :)
  • Options
    Why can't she hold off on planning until July?  Say your shower is in Oct-Nov.  That still gives 3-4 months for planning.
  • Options
    Are you wanting to have one big shower? If your Mom wants to do her own thing she doesn't have to co host with your MIL. I had separate showers for my family and dh's family. And starting to plan a shower during the 1st tri is really early. My showers were in Nov and Dec and no planning was started until Oct.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"