2nd Trimester
Options

Orgasm During Childbirth

2»

Re: Orgasm During Childbirth

• Options

imagemommywannabe2011:
    Thank you for the information on Ina Mays "Guide to Childbirth", I've gotta pick up a copy of that now.  My hubbie and I want to TTC soon and I am a big fan of the ideas of the Bradley Method.  I have not had a baby yet, but have heard a lot of good things about Bradley and I like the idea of preparing your body for childbirth, I am a planner.

I used the Bradley Method and LOVED it!!!  My husband actually delivered our daughter 3-20-10.  We had the most amazing home birth with CNM.  Unfortunately, our baby girl was stillborn.

• Options
    imageyavrig:

imagetynanner@gmail.com:
    I feel so sorry for most of you women.  Most of you had to have sex to produce a baby.  It was the love that you shared with your partner that created your child, why should that love not be there when your child is welcomed into this world?  I just gave birth on 3-20-10 and it was to best thing in the world.  My daughter didn't "give" me an orgasm but I did achieve one. I wasn't trying to have one, it just happened.  The waves that come over you during intercourse are pretty much the waves that come over you during childbirth.  The contractions created so much "pressure" that as her legs were being delivered it was the biggest and best release I've ever had.  Again, it was nothing "sexual" that my child did to me.  An unmedicated childbirth allows you to feel everything and I can't wait to do it again!  Also, my husband, sister, mom and mother in law as well as our 2 midwives were all there and they had no idea of the feelings that I had.   Open your minds a little.  Childbirth isn't a punishment, it isn't supposed to be horrific.  Childbirth is a blessing and is the most amazing part of my life so far!

Totally agree!  I had an O also, and it was totally unexpected and absolutely non-sexual.  It happened after a really strong pushing set.  I was surprised and amazed and it felt more like relief than anything else.  As for epidurals... I wanted to be totally unmedicated, but after 21 hours, cervadril and pitocin, and contractions coming at 1 minute intervals and lasting 30 seconds, I was getting exhausted just managing the pain.  I finally gave in and went for it because I still had a ways to go before she was ready to greet the world (my water broke 3 weeks early).  I pushed for 2 1/2 hours and the 6 hours of rest the epidural gave me were so important because I needed every ounce of energy to push.  I asked the anesthesiologist to dial down the epidural an hour and a half before I was going to start pushing so I could feel my legs and lower half.  I made all the difference to feel most of it.  When I watch the video my husband and mom took when she was coming out... it's amazing.  My memory of the pain is all gone.  But seeing her come out and the happiness it brought to me and my husband and our families... it's priceless.  My bundle of joy is now 8 weeks old and is the most precious gift I have ever been blessed with.

Congratulations on your daughter!  My daughter, Paityn, was actually stillborn so having a natural childbirth and my husband's involvement means even more to me.   He was able to "deliver" his daughter and that's more than most men can say!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLady"M":
    well just finished watching the video and to be honest ..... i just can't get into that.  but i know everyone has different ideas about pregnancy and childbirth.  wonder if those ladies feel pain AFTER the orgasm?  my reason for wondering is i've noticed that being pregnant i can orgasm really good and achieve an orgasm quicker than i could before i was pregnant but i noticed now that after the orgasm is done i'm in pain and i never had that before.  even though the sex is great i find myself avoiding it b/c of the pain that follows the ecstacy.

I experienced no physical pain what so ever and I never did while pregnant either.  You may want to bring that to your midwife's attention.  I would be concerned.

• Options

While the feeling of my son coming out was a wonderful relief... i dunno about on orgasm...

*some people also orgasm from getting a staple gun to the ass... just keep that in mind

• Options
    imageslwhatley:

imagecappyfam:
    If you are interested watch "Orgasmic Birth" and "The Business of Being Born". Natural childbirth has many benefits for mother and child! It's nature!

Please go pimp your ideals elsewhere.
    <<<<<<   Natural Birth Board is over there. 

"Pimp your ideals"??? Really?  Advocating natural childbirth is now pimping ideals?  Mothers in the US are just finally realizing (what people in other developed countries already know) that sometimes less is more, especially when it comes to childbirth.  When did we become so close-minded?

• Options

I had my son naturally, I didn't experience an orgasm.  Not at all.  I don't think I could, honestly.  Something THAT BIG in my vaginal canal is not going to give me pleasure.  It's stretching and, in a lot of cases, tearing you.  Not my idea of anything orgasmic.  Also, some women have strong contractions after they O while pregnant.  You don't need to talk to your doctor about it (shame on you, whoever you were, for trying to scare someone needlessly), not unless you have huge contractions that won't stop and you aren't term.  Small contractions, that are sometimes painful, are normal after orgasm.  That's one of the reasons sex sometimes starts the process, but only one.

I didn't have to check out any methods, I was 18 years old and had JUST graduated.  Sure, I looked up what NOT to do/eat and what to do/eat, and a whole variety of other things.  I did not need to pay for a course, pay for books on how to have a child, or any of that.  I consider that sort of crap exploitation.  THOSE people are preying on a mother's fears of child-birth.  Labor IS scary, because people do die.  You have to not worry about that.  There are tons of things that CAN go wrong, but most likely won't.  The hospital I went to had birthing balls, rocking chairs, women were walking all over the place while in labor, and a variety of other things you could do.  I had no fear once I went into labor, because, well..  My water broke, and there was no point.  What happens, happens.  I had a short labor, my son was perfect (he was orange, but not jaundiced, mommy ate a LOT of carrots and squash), and I didn't even break a sweat.  If you just pay attention to your body and what's going on inside you, then you know what to do.  No need to have orgasms, or an epidural, unless you really want to do those things...  It all comes down to this, it is up to YOU what you want to do.  Don't let other people make you feel bad for what YOU choose.

You ladies saying you "feel sorry" for the others need to get over yourselves.  That's incredibly negative and you should know better, as adults.  Get off your high horse and stop feeling holier-than-thou.  BAD MOMMIES.

• Options

I have seen this video. I actually think it is a neat concept... I don't think of it as 'your child' giving you an orgasm, but rather you taking control  over your pain and making it something positive... I know I couldn't do that... it seems more like something you could so during a home birth, mostly because it does involve a lot of intimacy with your spouse... as far as it being 'creepy',my thought is- isn't an orgasm what gave you the baby in the first place ;)

Good luck to all mommies to be!! 

• Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!! I share your beliefs of this, although I have never had an orgasm during childbirth. I think it would be awesome, and, personally speaking, my baby to be was definitely conceived during an orgasm... A natural and really awesome thing, yeah? :)
  • Options
    Wow! What a great concept....Too bad I have C-Sections! :)
  • Options
    I watched this video just now.  I had my daughter almost 2 years ago.  I had this idea of what my labor was going to be like.  I have a very good sense of my body's capabilities, I was a dancer for most of my life, I've taken yoga for years and years, I'm a massage therapist.  I thought I was very well prepared to deal with what was coming my way.  I was going to get in the bath, walk around, roll on the ball, etc etc.  Then labor started.  And it started strong right away.  For me, unfortunately, I didn't find anything comforting or helpful that I thought would be comforting and helpful.  I couldn't get on the ball - it hurt worse.  I couldn't lay in the bath or stand in the shower- it hurt.  Forget walking.  Sitting on the toilet helped, because it didn't put any pressure on my nether - regions.  I was out of my mind in agony.  I got an epidural, finally, and I was in bliss.  No orgasmic experience, let me tell you, I think it was better (at the time)!  I'm not sharing any of this to scare or demean anyone, but you just don't know what's going to happen till it happens.  So the most important piece of advice I have is NOT to have any expectations.  You can prepare yourself however you want, just keep an open mind to allow yourself to accept whatever comes your way and deal with it without disappointment, resentment, fear, etc.  Good luck to you all and enjoy your beautiful babies.    
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmmm, I just dont know about this, lol. I get the concept but I think I'd feel weird, lol.
  • Options
    Wow... someone is a just a little moody. Chill out slwhatley.
  • Options

imagetynanner@gmail.com:
    I feel so sorry for most of you women.  Most of you had to have sex to produce a baby.  It was the love that you shared with your partner that created your child, why should that love not be there when your child is welcomed into this world? ...    .... Open your minds a little.  Childbirth isn't a punishment, it isn't supposed to be horrific.  Childbirth is a blessing and is the most amazing part of my life so far!

This exactly!  Some of the views here are so narrow minded in regards to your body and your capacity for ecstasy... as if orgasms are DIRTY and something only a man can *give* you- rather than something that comes from within you.  It seems pretty natural to think that since the same body parts are connected to the same nerves that go to the same place in your brain... that it would be possible for similar feelings to be stimulated at an extremely emotionally intense time. It's not about being perverted- it's about being connected to the soul of your body.  If you don't want to touch that- or go there... that's your business (and loss)

Do you think when ecstasy is mentioned in religion- that it's about smut? Or a most overwhelming spititual awakening?

I have had 2 drug free VBACs and experienced ecstatic feelings during both of those births.  No, they were nothing like the orgasms I have in a sexual context... they can't even be compared- it would be so pale in comparison and lead people to make false assumptions about what it is-...our language- and obviously our present day culture don't have words to express it to people who refuse to accept that such a thing could be.

• Options

imageskearhart4:
    Thanks for posting!  I just finished reading Ina Mays' "Guide to Childbirth," and she draws a lot of parallels between sex and childbirth.  Not only the hormonal/physical aspects, but the psychological ones as well.  The biggest "eye-opener" for me was her parallel between "trying to orgasm" and "allowing yourself to orgasm."  What she basically says is that during sex, if you try so hard to control it, having lots of conscious thoughts, that you can actually prevent yourself from the orgasm.  Whereas if you let your mind go blank, give in to the feelings, and let your "primitive brain" take over, all of a sudden, there it is.  The same goes for childbirth.  When you have lots of those conscious thoughts, they can sometimes lead to tension, etc, and end up causing more pain.  But if you allow yourself to let go, stop those thoughts, and just let your body do what it needs to do, then all of a sudden your baby is there.  So do I expect to have an orgasmic birth with this one?  No, and not everyone would describe theirs that way.  Often times you see the words rapture, ecstasy, and euphoria as ways of describing birth.  So I practice letting my mind go blank, letting my body take over... and you know what?  Sex has never been better.  So who knows what this will mean for my labor... I am so excited for that experience.  

I am about a chapter from done in that same book! I love it! Before that one, I read "Birthing From Within," where she also talks a little about the ability to orgasm during labor. I really like Ina May's approach to it. It's not like you're asking your body to do something, but you're experience can be altered by using techniques to relax and enjoy labor. In my previous two labors I used simillar techniques and never experienced an orgasm, but I did truly enjoy labor!

I just borrowed the movie "Birth As We Know It" from my midwife where the girl in the begining of this video and several other women were giving birth in water. The whole video was about the ability to lessen pain. Though I won't be searching for an orgasm, I will be using these techniques in this birth as well.

• Options
    imageslwhatley:
    imageskearhart4:
    imageslwhatley:

imagecappyfam:
    If you are interested watch "Orgasmic Birth" and "The Business of Being Born". Natural childbirth has many benefits for mother and child! It's nature!

Please go pimp your ideals elsewhere.
    <<<<<<   Natural Birth Board is over there. 

That was awfully rude. I don't see anything in that short post about "pimping" ideals anywhere.  She simply offered two options for anyone looking for more information. 

I actually meant to quote the giant wall of text before that. My bad. Either way, I am so over being told how much more "natural" my birth could be. Blah.

Why continue posting on this board then?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"