Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I hate how judgemental I can be.

Especially RE: baby gear.

Every time someone talks to me about carseats or strollers, I make an IMMEDIATE judgement based on what they chose and why.

I wish I could stop, and I try... But I can't. And I know that they are all made to certain safety standards, so they aren't UNSAFE. They just may not be what I view to be the BEST. 

The least you could do is tell me that you do this too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I hate how judgemental I can be.

• Options
    Kinda, but then I remember its not my kid so I try not to waste time on it.
  • Options
    meh...in the mere 3.5 months of having DS i have decided no matter what i buy him in a week there will be something better...if you could kindly elaborate...if you mean youre a label whore im with ya...no offense by the way
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemanda3987:
    meh...in the mere 3.5 months of having DS i have decided no matter what i buy him in a week there will be something better...if you could kindly elaborate...if you mean youre a label whore im with ya...no offense by the way
    I don't want to call out a crappy brand and have it be someone's carseat, that's why I didn't name names.

But yes, I suppose the best way to say it is that I'm a label whore.

• Options

Are you kidding me?

If that's the basis of your judgments, you're fine. I judge people on whether or not they know how to spell, if they pronounce the "r" in "February" and how much of Aristotle's Poetics they can spout.

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Options
    it happens...i think it comes with just having one baby...im sure the next one we will be a little more conservative...btw you should mention brands...everyones looking for some friendly fun
  • Options
    The only time I really do this is with friends who ask for my advice and I give it to them.....and I researched the heck out of my stuff when I was pregnant with Samuel.  I know what I'm talking about.  Then I hear this, "Oh, well, this one is the same exact thing and it's $100 cheaper."  I think, "Then why did you even bother asking me?"  Yeah, I judge in that case. 
  • Options
    I do this. Like my friend brought a Delta crib which has a history of recalls. I think "OMG would you just pick up a copy of Baby Bargains?" They obviously don't love their kids like I do.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Options
    imageNastyAnnie:

Are you kidding me?

If that's the basis of your judgments, you're fine. I judge people on whether or not they know how to spell, if they pronounce the "r" in "February" and how much of Aristotle's Poetics they can spout.

Well... That's not ALL. But that's all that's on my mind right now. 

I know how to spell, generally do not pronounce the 'r' in February and don't know a word of 'Peotics'.

But somehow you still like me!

• Options
    And I love my Chicco and Britax stuff, by the way. 
  • Options
    imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imageNastyAnnie:

Are you kidding me?

Well... That's not ALL. But that's all that's on my mind right now. 

I know how to spell, generally do not pronounce the 'r' in February and don't know a word of 'Peotics'.

But somehow you still like me!

It's amazing, isn't it? Wink

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Options

Evenflo. I would never in a billion years buy an Evenflo carseat. I wouldn't even take one for free.

I have a Graco and I feel a little ghetto. I wish I had a Chicco. THEN I could really be the best! 

Ironically, I am not the hugest fan of Britax. I am complex.

• Options
    imageJinglesChic:
    I do this. Like my friend brought a Delta crib which has a history of recalls. I think "OMG would you just pick up a copy of Baby Bargains?" They obviously don't love their kids like I do.
    This is exactly what I do! I convinced a pregnant friend of mine to buy Baby Bargains and she did... Then she registered for a crappy carseat anyway. I was like, "REALLY?!".
  • Options
    imagesleepingbeauty825:

Evenflo. I would never in a billion years buy an Evenflo carseat. I wouldn't even take one for free.

I have a Graco and I feel a little ghetto. I wish I had a Chicco. THEN I could really be the best! 

And for this I agree with you...I have a Graco as well but I dont feel in the least bit ghetto...I am wanting to upgrade to a Chicco...I got the Graco because I LOVE the effing stroller...its life's complexities that make things interesting...mwah!

• Options
    imagemanda3987:
    imagesleepingbeauty825:

And for this I agree with you...I have a Graco as well but I dont feel in the least bit ghetto...I am wanting to upgrade to a Chicco...I got the Graco because I LOVE the effing stroller...its life's complexities that make things interesting...mwah!

MY STROLLER SUCKS. How do you love yours and I hate mine?!

I really want the Maxi Cosi Foray. I want to trash my Graco. 

• Options
    lol im fascinated with all the coolness on it...idk we dont use ours a ton so when we do use it i feel cool
  • Options
    imagemanda3987:
    imagesleepingbeauty825:

I have a Graco and like it. I listened to BB which rated it an A, got the 22 pounder which is already too heavy at 17 pounds, and purchased a BOB Revolution. BB said to stay aeay from travel systems. I'm judging you.

• Options
    imageJinglesChic:
    imagemanda3987:
    imagesleepingbeauty825:

I have a Graco and like it. I listened to BB which rated it an A, got the 22 pounder which is already too heavy at 17 pounds, and purchased a BOB Revolution. BB said to stay aeay from travel systems. I'm judging you.
    I KNOW! I should have listened, but I fell victim to clever marketing. I could punch myself!
  • Options
    imageJinglesChic:
    imagemanda3987:
    imagesleepingbeauty825:

ouch! but in my defense, i have a touch of OCD when it comes to matching things and the travel system, pnp, carseat, swing and high chair HAD to match or i wouldve went crazy

• Options
    imagemanda3987:
    imageJinglesChic:
    imagemanda3987:
    imagesleepingbeauty825:

ouch! but in my defense, i have a touch of OCD when it comes to matching things and the travel system, pnp, carseat, swing and high chair HAD to match or i wouldve went crazy

ARE YOU KIDDING!? All those things match? You crazy!
  • Options

I am the same way!! I try not to bad mouth other peoples stuff, but I so want to sometimes.

I would never dream of putting DD is anything but a Britax convertible seat, and I feel everything else is unsafe! I know this is not true, but I can't help it.

On the flip side I'm sure people judge me, I spent almost $1000 on my stroller (bugaboo) but to me it was so worth it!!

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, along the same lines, doesn't it KILL you when you go into BRU or another store and see couples registering for dumb $hit?  I wanna slap them.  Soo naive before you actually have the kid.
  • Options
    My BOB is black, the car seat I registered for was black too, but I was given the Pippin. I wanted the best gender neutral swing, so it was MLL, and the high chair matches my dining room, not the baby stuff. Oh, my PNP matches the monkey theme of DS's room and I didn't ask for a bouncer but was given the ugly blue Boppy one.

• Options

I was peer pressured into my travel system with DD.  I hate it!  I have used the stroller a handful of times only.  It is heavy as heck. 

We got the City Mini double stroller and a freakin' love it.  I should have trusted my instincts and skipped the travel system. 

• Options
    imagekattyleigh:
    Ok, along the same lines, doesn't it KILL you when you go into BRU or another store and see couples registering for dumb $hit?  I wanna slap them.  Soo naive before you actually have the kid.
    YES! I never got sucked into the "I need a bottle warmer for the car, paci wipes, and I registered for everything pink even though it' a crappy product" crap. My friend did though.

• Options
    I have an Eddie Bouer. I did no research on it. Booo, I suck. Stick out tongue
  • Options
    soko987soko987 member
    Wait...are we supposed to be pronouncing the "R" in February?
  • Options
    imagemanda3987:

I totally get this.  With my first, the carseat, swing and highchair matched.  (I didn't have a PNP or travel system.)  This time, I had to replace the carseat, so it doesn't match.  And I have a hand-me-down PNP that doesn't match anything either.  I would have loved to replace everything so they matched...but that would be silly.  :)
    Bianca image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"