3rd Trimester

Baby Lauren has arrived!

I made it! Lauren Camille was born May 28 at 5:19am weighing 6lbs 13oz  Smile

A cautionary tale for 2nd (or more) timers...

I started having contractions about 5 mins apart at 2:30 am. I didn't want to risk waiting too late since my dr. said things could move really fast the second time around. I quickly woke up DH, called the sitter to stay with my toddler, & rushed to the hospital only to be sent home after 2 hours. I was so embarrassed & disappointed!

Very next night I'm awoken by contractions at 12:15am, but I second guess myself b/c of the night before. I waited for an hour to make sure the contractions didn't ease up & go away again. I fell asleep thinking another false alarm. Then I was awoken by the most intense, severe contractions I've ever felt. And they were 2-3 mins with heavy pressure! We rushed to the hospital through the worst 15 mins of my life only to arrive in triage & find out I was 8cm! They rushed me to the l&d unit and in the 10 mins it took to get the IV in & hook me up to the monitors, I was 10cm & being told it was too late for an epidural. I was in total shock & fear b/c I had no intention of a med-free delivery! In the end, everything turned out fine. The entire thing was 5 hrs start to finish & my baby girl is here!

Best of luck to everyone in 3rd tri! :)

Re: Baby Lauren has arrived!

• holy crap!  That's all I have to say about that!!
  • oh and CONGRATS!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • WOW that does sound quick!

CONGRATS :)

• imagemrsdavis06:

I made it! Lauren Camille was born May 28 at 5:19am weighing 6lbs 13oz  Smile

A cautionary tale for 2nd (or more) timers...

I started having contractions about 5 mins apart at 2:30 am. I didn't want to risk waiting too late since my dr. said things could move really fast the second time around. I quickly woke up DH, called the sitter to stay with my toddler, & rushed to the hospital only to be sent home after 2 hours. I was so embarrassed & disappointed!

Very next night I'm awoken by contractions at 12:15am, but I second guess myself b/c of the night before. I waited for an hour to make sure the contractions didn't ease up & go away again. I fell asleep thinking another false alarm. Then I was awoken by the most intense, severe contractions I've ever felt. And they were 2-3 mins with heavy pressure! We rushed to the hospital through the worst 15 mins of my life only to arrive in triage & find out I was 8cm! They rushed me to the l&d unit and in the 10 mins it took to get the IV in & hook me up to the monitors, I was 10cm & being told it was too late for an epidural. I was in total shock & fear b/c I had no intention of a med-free delivery! In the end, everything turned out fine. The entire thing was 5 hrs start to finish & my baby girl is here!

Best of luck to everyone in 3rd tri! :)

Wow! CONGRATS! How long was your 1st labor?

• Congrats, that's crazy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My first delivery was 3.5 hours long, from first ctx to delivery. My dr tells me to camp out the last trimester of the next baby! Sounds like you should too! :)

Congrats on your new baby girl! I love her name.

Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • brayleibraylei member
    Congrats!
    Photobucket
  • congrats!!!! I sure as heck my L&D only takes 5 hours!! haha but I dont think im that lucky! and this is my first so who knows
  • imageBlairsMommy:
    congrats!!!! I sure as heck my L&D only takes 5 hours!! haha but I dont think im that lucky! and this is my first so who knows

I sure as heck hope* haha i forgot an important word there :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"