Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Playdate (newbs and lurks welcome)

Good morning, ladies!  Hope everyone is going well.  I've got some time this morning so I thought I'd offer up a newbie playdate.  Ask me your questions, don't be shy. 

It's a flame-free zone, except for "am I pg" questions, I can't handle those right now. 

So, ask away.  I'll do my best, and the other regs can help if they like.

Big Smile

dx PCOS on Metformin
LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
Totally worth the wait!
Getting ready for #2
Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
My Chart / Info for Newbies

Re: Newbie Playdate (newbs and lurks welcome)

• No questions, just sayin yellooooo! :)

IUI#4 Bravelle + Femara + Trigger + IUI = BFP!!

Baby Papps born 10/10/11 <3

• image **Papps**:
    No questions, just sayin yellooooo! :)

Hey lady!  ((hugs))

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• I am on CD9 and I feel very bloated, do you think it is because of the chinese food I hate last night or is my belly making room for a baby later this month?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • IF you had a child that was a preteen/early teen - would you let them practice driving with an old vehicle on your property? 

J 2.22.98 N 11.20.03 C 8.16.11  
                                                                                InstagramImage and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Just wanted to say hi too!!

And the metformin is kicking my butt today, I think I want to throw up! Crying

• image RileyGrace:

image **Papps**:

Hey lady!  ((hugs))

GL on Monday!

IUI#4 Bravelle + Femara + Trigger + IUI = BFP!!

Baby Papps born 10/10/11 <3

• image Mrs*MichelleB:
    IF you had a child that was a preteen/early teen - would you let them practice driving with an old vehicle on your property? 

absolutely not.. I just watched a judge judy episode where they did this and the kiddo rolled the car and died.. not worth it.. even on your property.. 

Month 19 TFAS
  • image Milliways:
    I am on CD9 and I feel very bloated, do you think it is because of the chinese food I hate last night or is my belly making room for a baby later this month?

It's definitely your body getting ready for baby.  Hopefully it'll help to prevent stretch marks later on. 

Honestly, if it were me, I'd just start posting on the tri boards.  I mean, you'll definitely be pregnant so you might as well get a head start.  KWIM!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• image triciaj1:

image Mrs*MichelleB:
    IF you had a child that was a preteen/early teen - would you let them practice driving with an old vehicle on your property? 

absolutely not.. I just watched a judge judy episode where they did this and the kiddo rolled the car and died.. not worth it.. even on your property.. 

What would the purpose of it even be for? A 13 does not need to drive. 16 is even too early IMO. 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • image Mrs*MichelleB:

This is why that is a big fat NO for me.

• image jesskidd:

Just wanted to say hi too!!

Oh honey, I feel your pain!  I take imodium like it's candy.  My body can handle 1000mg, but when I take my full 1500 dose it kicks my butt.  Literally!

I hope you feel better soon.

If you haven't already, check out soulcysters.com.  It's all about pcos.  They have good tips about taking Met.  Personally, it works best for me when I take it all at once right before bed with 2 imodium.

GL!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• image **Papps**:
    image RileyGrace:

image **Papps**:

Hey lady!  ((hugs))

GL on Monday!

Thank you!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• Hi!

Tks for the post. I dont really have any questions (I'm going the the FF course, so I won't ask anything till I'm done with it) but I am interested in reading other's questions.

missed m/c 5/23/08
  • image triciaj1:

image Mrs*MichelleB:

LOL! I just linked that below.

I always think of that poor defendent mother when I consider letting my child drive underage. No freaking way.

• Ok I asked because my husband told our son he could move my car from the barn up to the top of the driveway so he could get his quad out. I freaked out saying there is a law requiring you to be such and age maybe even height.... We've been battling it all night.

J 2.22.98 N 11.20.03 C 8.16.11  
                                                                                InstagramImage and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image kscarlett5683:

Hi!

Tks for the post. I dont really have any questions (I'm going the the FF course, so I won't ask anything till I'm done with it) but I am interested in reading other's questions.

The FF tutorial is SO helpful!  GL!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• image RileyGrace:

Thanks. I have to buy a BBT thermometer (or is it just BBT lol). I dont know if I have the discipline or the memory to take my temperature each morning, but I'm gonna try! LOL

Oh, now that I think of it, I do have a question.....what brand do most ladies buy?

missed m/c 5/23/08
  • image kscarlett5683:
    image RileyGrace:

Thanks. I have to buy a BBT thermometer (or is it just BBT lol). I dont know if I have the discipline or the memory to take my temperature each morning, but I'm gonna try! LOL

Oh, now that I think of it, I do have a question.....what brand do most ladies buy?

It's easy once you get in the habit.  You can start doing it right away to get used to it, and just "count" it with your new cycle.  I just roll over, stick the thing in my mouth and go back to sleep.  I check the temp after I wake up for real.

I used the Walgreens brand, but I've heard many people have issues with that one.  I've heard the Target brand on is good.  You could also go online and order one, from Amazon for example.  Anyone is fine, but one with recall is great so you can check your temp after you wake back up.

GL!!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• image RileyGrace:
    image jesskidd:

Oh honey, I feel your pain!  I take imodium like it's candy.  My body can handle 1000mg, but when I take my full 1500 dose it kicks my butt.  Literally!

If you haven't already, check out soulcysters.com.  It's all about pcos.  They have good tips about taking Met.  Personally, it works best for me when I take it all at once right before bed with 2 imodium.

GL!

Maybe I'll start popping Imodium like its Pez, I've only been taking it when its really bad or I have to go somewhere.

I have been on soulcysters, it was quite helpful after I was dx. Ever since I moved to 1500mg its been a daily pain! Thanks so much for the advice Riley! I appreciate it!

• image Pattypoundcake:
    image triciaj1:

image Mrs*MichelleB:

LOL! I just linked that below.

I always think of that poor defendent mother when I consider letting my child drive underage. No freaking way.

I don't see how she didn't kill that other mom. Not bc of just the incident, but bc of what she said after the judgement that "her daughter died because she made stupid decisions".. like handing them keys to a car (leaving them in the car) didn't help that along at all 

Month 19 TFAS
  • image jesskidd:
    image RileyGrace:
    image jesskidd:

GL!

Maybe I'll start popping Imodium like its Pez, I've only been taking it when its really bad or I have to go somewhere.

I have been on soulcysters, it was quite helpful after I was dx. Ever since I moved to 1500mg its been a daily pain! Thanks so much for the advice Riley! I appreciate it!

Reminder from your local pharmacist.. only take up to 16 a day!! 2 after the first loose stool and then 1 after each following loose stool..  

Month 19 TFAS
  • image triciaj1:
    image jesskidd:
    image RileyGrace:
    image jesskidd:

GL!

Reminder from your local pharmacist.. only take up to 16 a day!! 2 after the first loose stool and then 1 after each following loose stool..  

Haha, thanks tricia! Yes

• image RileyGrace:

I just roll over, stick the thing in my mouth and go back to sleep.  I check the temp after I wake up for real.

....Anyone is fine, but one with recall is great so you can check your temp after you wake back up.

GL!!

Ooh Good idea!!! I'm such the snooze-bar junkie! Thanks.

missed m/c 5/23/08
  • No questions, just wanted to say hi! and I love your pic of Charlotte! Are you going to see the movie?
  • image lylahlove:
    No questions, just wanted to say hi! and I love your pic of Charlotte! Are you going to see the movie?

Thanks, your pic is so pretty!

I've got girls night out planned for next week, I'm so excited!  I've always loved Charlotte but I love her more now that I'm dealing with IF.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• I'm a newbie to the board but not a newbie to charting (though there's always more to learn!).  I just wanted to say that your siggy pic always makes me feel so happy and festive, Riley! ...and now I'm craving champagne at 10am...well, at least it's Friday Wink
    A possibility was born the day you were born and will live as long as you live.
    CafeMom Tickers .............................. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Just saying hi. :)
    TTC since 3/2010 3/10 - 12/10: IUIs 1-6 = BFN 3/11: IVF #1 (3DT of 2) = BFP! (Beta #1 @ 14DP3DT = 320; Beta #2 @ 16DP3DT = 745) It's a boy! Rylar Andrew born 12/5/11! So in love. :) image
  • image RileyGrace:

image lylahlove:
    No questions, just wanted to say hi! and I love your pic of Charlotte! Are you going to see the movie?

Thanks, your pic is so pretty!

I've got girls night out planned for next week, I'm so excited!  I've always loved Charlotte but I love her more now that I'm dealing with IF.

Well have fun! I'm going on Saturday - I know someone posted here earlier that it wasn't great, but I'm still excited

• image staryeyes:
    I'm a newbie to the board but not a newbie to charting (though there's always more to learn!).  I just wanted to say that your siggy pic always makes me feel so happy and festive, Riley! ...and now I'm craving champagne at 10am...well, at least it's Friday Wink

hahaha!  I wish I could sneak champagne into the SATC2 movie!  Too bad I can't drink on my meds or I'd try it!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• Thanks for this!  Here's my question: Is it just me, or does "Watch this thread" not work for sh*t?

Happy almost-weekend!

My BFP Chart

Becoming a better role model for my daughter, one day at a time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker