December 2010 Moms

Cooking my baby?

I'm about done with the unsolicited advice from others.

I was mentioning to a friend that I'll be starting a nannying job over the summer, and the family has an in-ground pool.  I told her I couldn't wait to hang out in the sun and swim, as the heat here's been in the 90s. 

Why did she tell me to be careful and not to cook my baby?  Seriously?  You think I'll sit in the sun so much as to not only give myself skin cancer, but also to cook my fetus?  Ridiculous.

Mind you, this is also the friend who yelled at me yesterday for jumping down from a short chair (I was taking down some things off the wall)... like my fetus would detach and fall out my cooter.  Confused

Re: Cooking my baby?

• Does she know that your own body temp is 98.6? Wait- Don't tell her! She'll probably tell you to keep yourself packed in ice for 9 months or something...

She sounds like a reaaaal idiot.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • hahahaha...people can be so silly!
  • I hear ya. My educational assistant at school bosses me around constantly. Don't climb on chairs, my desk, only carry 5 books at a time. I have a whole classroom to pack up lady!! But the good news is that she is great and is doing all that stuff for me! I came to school in a pretty dress yesterday, while the rest of the school came in work clothes:)

• Wow, she might have a heart attack if she's seen some of the things I've done during my pregnancy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image JennLynnAdams:

Mind you, this is also the friend who yelled at me yesterday for jumping down from a short chair (I was taking down some things off the wall)... like my fetus would detach and fall out my cooter.  Confused

this part is hilarious... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Madison830:
    image JennLynnAdams:

Oh, and she yelled at me for having California Rolls.  Told me I was going to get mercury blood poisoning.  And that the only safe lunch meat is Subway. 

• image JennLynnAdams:
    image Madison830:
    image JennLynnAdams:

Oh, and she yelled at me for having California Rolls.  Told me I was going to get mercury blood poisoning.  And that the only safe lunch meat is Subway. 

Hahaha.... yeah, Subway is definitely the gold-standard in quality.... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Haha I doubt you'd cook your baby, but I was personally suprised at how quickly I felt hot and uncomfortable just sitting in the sun in my backyard...Its been pretty hot here for May (32 degrees) and sitting out on a cooler day for about an hour I burned pretty good. Apparently pregnant skin is more sensitive or something...
  • isnt unsolicited advice lovely? i work in a very culture rich emergency dept and get reprimanded pretty much daily by all my "moms" who tell me i cant do anything, dont hold patients this way, dont lift anything heavy- i had a baby come by EMS last week who was one & weighed less than 20lbs and whose parents weren't there yet so i was carrying her around the dept, the rash of *** i got was amazing- one intepretor yelled at me- dont you know you cant do that?!?!? i pointed out to her how many preggo women have other children that they carry ALL THE TIME but she didn't listen- THEN i got reprimanded by the Greek lady who works with us because i had a sweatshirt wrapped around my waist, THEN reprimanded by another coworker about drinking my half caf latte- which i firmly told him- hey im getting my milk this way and my doctor told me that one caffine drink a day was perfectly FINE--- i think its just starting ladies--- think of all the unsolicited parenting advice we're about to open ourselves to- we better just get used to it. 
    Trying to conceive since Oct 2008, missed M/C June 1, 2010, IF treatment Spring 2011, BFP June 2011, Aiden Thomas born Feb 12, 2012.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I love using the word cooter!  I liked to call the HSG a cooter x-ray. :)
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

• image biddy53178:
    THEN i got reprimanded by the Greek lady who works with us because i had a sweatshirt wrapped around my waist,  

I have GOT to ask... what is wrong with the sweatshirt around your waist? Did she think you would strangle the baby or something??!! 

• KJKNAJKJKNAJ
    Ancient Membership 250 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Love Its
    LOL, how does she think us Arizonans have babies?! Pretty sure my car will be at least 130 degrees every time I get in it from now till Oct. I can't avoid sun or heat. You should remind her that 90 degrees is a nice pleasant day here, not considered hot!

*** BFP #3 12.29.13 - angel baby at 8w2d - D&C 1.31.14 ***

• Lol! When I was pg w my daughter, I was sitting in a chair, leaning forward with my elbows on my knees, and my then MIL freaked out bc she said I was suffocating the baby. WTF?
  • Oh, and she yelled at me for having California Rolls.  Told me I was going to get mercury blood poisoning.  And that the only safe lunch meat is Subway. 

People are so old fashioned haha lunch meat is worse than some sushi! lunch meat is supposedly a def no-no according to the list on american pregnancy association, but they have a whole list of approoved sushi :) and pretty sure california rolls is on there