2nd Trimester

XP from Names board: Names you love but can't use

I have one for each, if you're looking for something more unusual. Hopefully someone can use them!

Edelen - it's my good friend's older sister's name

Guerric - good friend of hubs

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I am friends with President Obama. I asked him to dress up in an Easter Bunny costume and show up at my parents' house with a giant check for $1 million a la Ed McMahon on Easter Weekend. We were going to make them think that they had won Publishers Clearinghouse sweepstakes LOL. As soon as they answered the door, we had our friend stage a robbery - they made it look like everyone in the Publisher's Clearninghouse van was violently murdered. They threw the "bodies" out of the van onto the street and peeled out. We had a fake ambulance and police show up. Then my parents' neighbors came by with a basket of kittens - they were SO cute! Just when my parents were so freaked out by seeing kittens after a murder/robbery AND having won $1 million, we had Pres. Obama take off the Easter Bunny head and say "Surprise!! You're going to be grandparents!" My parents will never forget that moment. - Pillowass

Re: XP from Names board: Names you love but can't use

• I don't understand. Why can't you use the names?
  • image ValAndRyan:
    I don't understand. Why can't you use the names?

It would just be weird. Since they're unique names, it would seem as though we're naming the babe after them, you know what I mean? Plus, they have family members that we're also close to that might want to use those names themselves, etc.

I am friends with President Obama. I asked him to dress up in an Easter Bunny costume and show up at my parents' house with a giant check for $1 million a la Ed McMahon on Easter Weekend. We were going to make them think that they had won Publishers Clearinghouse sweepstakes LOL. As soon as they answered the door, we had our friend stage a robbery - they made it look like everyone in the Publisher's Clearninghouse van was violently murdered. They threw the "bodies" out of the van onto the street and peeled out. We had a fake ambulance and police show up. Then my parents' neighbors came by with a basket of kittens - they were SO cute! Just when my parents were so freaked out by seeing kittens after a murder/robbery AND having won $1 million, we had Pres. Obama take off the Easter Bunny head and say "Surprise!! You're going to be grandparents!" My parents will never forget that moment. - Pillowass

• image ValAndRyan:

This.  IMHO the only names that are off limits are names of immediate family, i.e. direct nieces or nephews.  And I still would use those under certain circumstances.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Pierce... because our last name is Johnson.  LOL I seriously did suggest this and DH died laughing... oopsie!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Daniel.  It is a name very heavily used in my family and DH's.

My side: Grandpa, uncle's middle name, cousin's middle name, brother's middle name, my name, nephew's name, etc.  Clearly, it's a familial name.

DH's side: Grandpa, dad, brother.

DH says we can't use Daniel because his brother, being named Daniel, has "rights" to the name.

However, DH's middle name is James and they were planning to name their child Daniel James if it was a boy.

I didn't care at all, but if you don't want me to use your name, don't use mine.

• image Brezza:

image ValAndRyan:

It would just be weird. Since they're unique names, it would seem as though we're naming the babe after them, you know what I mean? Plus, they have family members that we're also close to that might want to use those names themselves, etc.

I see. They are nice names.

• How do you pronounce the names?  They are so interesting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Names I liked but DH vetoed:

Boys: Oliver, Marshall, Brody

Girls: Genevieve, Kyra, Arielle

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ruby- It was my great grandmothers name but my cousin already used it :/
    3 miscarriages, Infertility, & Premature Birth Abigail and Adalynn born @ 25w1d Lilypie Second Birthday tickers FAQ: Resources for New NICU Moms
    FAQ: My Friend Just Had a Preemie, How Can I Help?
  • image yay4judith:
    How do you pronounce the names?  They are so interesting!

Edelen - prounounced eed - ell - in

Guerric - prounounced like Eric with a G

• image Brezza:

image yay4judith:
    How do you pronounce the names?  They are so interesting!

Edelen - prounounced eed - ell - in

Guerric - prounounced like Eric with a G

"Eric with a G" made me laugh.  It made me think of that movie...I can't think of the name, but it is where Vince Vaughn and his friends and their spouses go on vacation to the resort (came out less than a year ago).  He says, "Stanley, with a C".

• Stella and Sophia are my two favorite names for girls - DH and I both have S names, and our last name starts with an S as well.  We don't want to all have S names.

The only other names that I like that we can't use are because DH doesn't like them, and they're all boy names - Maddox, Gavin, Jude, and Gunnar.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Names I like that are just too popular for my taste: Olivia, Emma/Emily, Jacob, Ethan

Names that familyfriends used that I like: Grace, Claire, Julia

Names DH vetoed: Naomi, Elijah, Gabriel, Suzanne

• Anna - Always wanted to have a daughter and name her after my great grandma who I had a great relationship with when I was small. But, DH dated a girl named Ann all through college and won't even consider it.

Thomas - Would love to honor my grandpa and use his mn for my son's name, but I just can't do it, since I got married and changed my last name to something that sounds just like Cruise. The world just doesn't need another Tom Cruise. 

• I've always loved the name Caroline but since that is the name of DH's psycho ex, I couldn't consider using it for DD.
  • image crazystace:

Stella and Sophia are my two favorite names for girls - DH and I both have S names, and our last name starts with an S as well.  We don't want to all have S names.

The only other names that I like that we can't use are because DH doesn't like them, and they're all boy names - Maddox, Gavin, Jude, and Gunnar.

Gunnar is bad-ass! I dig it.

• image Mrs.Johns:
    Pierce... because our last name is Johnson.  LOL I seriously did suggest this and DH died laughing... oopsie!
    Bahaha!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image MissNikki007:
    image Mrs.Johns:
    Pierce... because our last name is Johnson.  LOL I seriously did suggest this and DH died laughing... oopsie!
    Bahaha!

Big Smile And Sawyer is definetly out!

• Charlie - it's my dog's name

Jack - we have 2 in the family already 

Claire - b/c I'm having a boy

• If we have a girl we wanted to name her Alexis with a middle name of Laura.  One of DH's good friends named their daughter Alexis Lauren so I fell like we can't use the name now. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• image Brezza:
    image crazystace:

Stella and Sophia are my two favorite names for girls - DH and I both have S names, and our last name starts with an S as well.  We don't want to all have S names.

Gunnar is bad-ass! I dig it.

Thanks!  I love it, H *hates* it and isn't even open to it.  My maiden name was very similar to Gunnar so I thought it'd be kind of cute, but he disagrees.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • image Mrs.Johns:

image MissNikki007:
    image Mrs.Johns:
    Bahaha!

Seymour, too. : )

• image agrundman:
    image Mrs.Johns:

image MissNikki007:
    image Mrs.Johns:
    Bahaha!

Haha hadn't thought of that one! :) LOL

• image Mrs.Johns:
    image agrundman:
    image Mrs.Johns:

image MissNikki007:
    image Mrs.Johns:
    Bahaha!

I love doing word play with names and initials. I could go on for hours.

• DLD102DLD102
    Ninth Anniversary
    image agrundman:
    image Mrs.Johns:
    image agrundman:
    image Mrs.Johns:

image MissNikki007:
    image Mrs.Johns:
    Bahaha!

I love doing word play with names and initials. I could go on for hours.

What about Harry???  J/K....but it did take me a while to "get" it when you said Sawyer....Embarrassed

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby #3! BFP 10/20/12 EDD 6/27/13
  • image DLD102:
    What about Harry???  J/K....but it did take me a while to "get" it when you said Sawyer....Embarrassed

DH and I seriously laugh about this all the time. There are soooooo many bad names with our last name. Ofelia being one of them! :)

• Stella and Lena.

They wouldn't sound good for a boy :)

• image Mrs.Johns:

That's too funny!!

Mine is Dane....it's the name of one of my exes. I love it so much I could even separate the image of him from the name, but DH would not be pleased.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers