3rd Trimester

Pop Tarts Commercial - FAIL!

Have the Today Show on in the background and just watched a commercial where kids put pop tarts into ice cream - and on a stick...um, random and weird IMO - and SO unhealthy!

If you're eating ice cream 150-350 calories depending on what kind - and then adding 150-250 calories (guessing on these - haven't had a pop tart in a long time) - wow...

I mean, I'm all for adding cookies and things - I just can't see how pop tarts (other than the chocolate one) would be a good addition...

Thoughts? Flames? Agreements? 

Re: Pop Tarts Commercial - FAIL!

• mopsiemopsie
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments
    I think I have to go buy me some ice cream and pop tarts.  It wouldn't be fair to judge til I taste it for myself, right? Smile
    abby 365

**Abigail (Abby) Lily**06/11/2010**7 lbs, 10 oz.**19.5 inches**

**Charlotte Harper**11/04/2012**7 lbs, 6 oz.**19 inches**

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I thought the same thing. I mean, pick one or the other!! You don't need BOTH! And then it shows an ice cream sandwhich made of 2 poptarts and ice cream. Who needs all that? Yuck.
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09

• image mopsie:
    I think I have to go buy me some ice cream and pop tarts.  It wouldn't be fair to judge til I taste it for myself, right? Smile

This. I hate that friggen commercial cause it makes me want a pop tart....oh forget it I am going to get breakfast out in town now...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • image Sweets2005:
    And then it shows an ice cream sandwhich made of 2 poptarts and ice cream. Who needs all that? Yuck.

OMG! That is soooooo unhealthy! No wonder America is obese.  I feel so guilty having one poptart, I haven't had one in as long as I can remember. Wow...what great habits to teach our kids :-) That ice cream tart sandwich probably has 15 grams of fat and 600 calories...possibly more!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • mopsiemopsie

image Sweets2005:
    And then it shows an ice cream sandwhich made of 2 poptarts and ice cream. Who needs all that?

I do!  For some reason, I've been craving my childhood favorites during pregnancy... Spaghetti O's, Pop Tarts, Chicken Nuggets, etc.  The new "Wild Grape" Pop Tarts are heavenly... I'm gonna stop giving into these cravings once LO is born, but it's so much fun to enjoy it while I can!

But I do agree that stuff THAT unhealthy should not be promoted to kids... only pregnant women. 

abby 365

• ckred27ckred27
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper
    I saw that commercial and thought the same thing! As if there arent already enough calories, sugar and fat in just one poptart, now they want you to double it up and add ice cream. Yeah way to promote childhood obesity!

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • ckred27ckred27
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper
    oh and in 1 pop tart there are 200 calories, 5 grams of fat and almost 40 carbs.

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • Besides the calories, all i can think of is the monstrous amount of carbs! I have Gestational diabetes and I can't have pop tarts due to the carbs/sugars, and can only have 1/2 cup of ice cream at a time (so i dont' have it at all because its not worth it and won't fill me up!)
  • mopsiemopsie

image ckred27:
    oh and in 1 pop tart there are 200 calories, 5 grams of fat and almost 40 carbs.

That's it?  Now I don't feel so guilty that I eat two at a time.  (Because if you only eat one, then the 2nd one in the foil wrapper gets stale by the time you get around to eating it!) 

abby 365

• I think about how horrible this is for kids everytime I see the commercial. Pop Tarts are bad enough alone!
  • I do not understand these commercials.  Last year they had a flavor that was like orange dreamsicle and on the box it mentioned you could freeze the poptart and eat it as a dessert.  I thought it was odd, but at least dreamsicle is an ice cream novelty flavor.  Why would I want to put my brown sugar poptart on a stick and freeze it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards