3rd Trimester
Options

husband rooming in

My DH has always stayed at the hospital, for all 3 nights that I was there, with our youngest 2 children.  I really want him to go home at night this time.  I love my husband and he will even sleep on the floor if they dont have a bed, but at night I cant get him to wake up to help me with baby(am a csection again) and I end up still calling a nurse.  

I feel bad for wanting him to go home, but yet we have 3 other kids at home that wont have mom there and I think that DH should be there for them at night.  This is something that I just dont know how to address to him.  He really likes to be there to have that bonding with the baby for the first few days but will sleep the whole time anyway .

Re: husband rooming in

• Options

Can you compromise and have him stay the first night? But then send him home to get proper sleep and take care of the older kids?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekatie_cj@hotmail.com:

Can you compromise and have him stay the first night? But then send him home to get proper sleep and take care of the older kids?

This sounds like a great idea. :) 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I asked DH this time to go home at night. He was miserable last time sleeping on the tiny couch. I do have my mom coming to stay with me because I know I will need help. I also think ds needs DH more at home more than I need him in the hospital.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"