Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Anyone live in Waterview in Rowlett?

We're in the process of trying to relocate closer to DH's work and are currently in Mckinney. I've been pulling up a lot of listings from the Waterview neighborhood in Rowlett and the community amenities are just amazing. BUT now I've been informed that there is a Garland landfill sitting just west of the community, and well, we just don't know how we feel about it.

Have you found there to be issues in noise, smell, trash etc? Are you at all concerned? Do you feel that the value of your house is effected by this? Any input is appreciated.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone live in Waterview in Rowlett?

• We're also relocating to that area and are interested in Waterview neigborhood!! It seemed so nice when we droe through a couple months ago. We're going up this next weekend to look for a rental house and will be looking at a couple in Waterview. I wish I knew more about it...
  • I don't live in Waterview, but I used to live in a neighborhood that is even closer to the landfill and NEVER noticed a smell or had any issues. I now drive right past the landfill on my way from DDs day care to work and if I didn't know about the landfill I would have no idea one existed in the area.

Waterview is a very nice neighborhood, I have several friends that live or have lived there. You are right, the amenities are very nice, and it looks like they work hard to keep the area maintained. The intermural softball league I was on played its games on the fields in the Waterview community, and I would always see kids outside playing, familes outside walking, etc.

There are also several great schools in the area (and GISD is a choice district, so you can pick whatever school you like.) Which, to me, is one of the most important things about deciding where to live.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for posting jaopon. It makes sense that it shouldn't be a problem since the community is so large and thriving so apparently people are happy there! I just wanted to hear it from someone first hand!

pkate, they have their own community website if you haven't seen that yet. I don't know much more about it myself. Like you, I saw it and liked what I saw!

• imageSmores730:

Thank you so much for posting jaopon. It makes sense that it shouldn't be a problem since the community is so large and thriving so apparently people are happy there! I just wanted to hear it from someone first hand!

pkate, they have their own community website if you haven't seen that yet. I don't know much more about it myself. Like you, I saw it and liked what I saw!

i'll have to check that out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"