3rd Trimester

how do you handle 2nd baby & toddler?

I don't know how it is going to be with a 2-year old and a new baby.  DH had to work a lot last time, and it was very hard for me with 1 baby.  Hopefully DH will be around more this time, but it's still kind of intimidating.  Anyone have any advice on this?  Thanks!!

Re: how do you handle 2nd baby & toddler?

• I totally wish I could tell you!  I'm scared about the same thing myself!  
  • The best advise I got was to attend to your older child first.  As long as the baby is in a safe place they can cry a little.  I found I am much more relaxed this time and know I don't have to constantly hold him like I did with DS1. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageLuv2teach719:
    I totally wish I could tell you!  I'm scared about the same thing myself!  

~this

• imageBrewtowngrl:
    The best advise I got was to attend to your older child first.  As long as the baby is in a safe place they can cry a little.  I found I am much more relaxed this time and know I don't have to constantly hold him like I did with DS1. 

Great advice... I'm going to try to do this myself.  I'm excited and terrified all at the same time. I'm not sure it's even set in fully with me that I'll have to little guys at home- stupid I know since I'm 35 weeks!

Lovin' Life: M+D 7/06, T 1/08, B 5/10
    Getting back to it- my diet and exercise blog
    Losing it...Without Losing it
  • I'm also quite nervous about this
    TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • rissa06rissa06 member
    i'm nervous too!
  • I feel the same way...nervous!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Also nervous about it!

• The transition for us was pretty smooth. DD ADORES DS, and he absolutely loves her too. She watched much more TV than I care to admit, but you forget how much newborns sleep. When DS was sleeping, I'd spend time with just her. If he was nursing, she'd play, watch TV, or hang out next to me. It's much harder going from 0-1, you just remember how to do stuff!
  •   it works out trust me, I am a mother of a 6 yr old, a 4 yr old, and a 2 yr old.  This baby is going to have a lot of help and entertainment thats for sure.  Dont worry to much cause it does work out and you find a system.  And more than likely your toddler will want to help you out.  Mine always helped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"