1st Trimester

5 weeks pregnant and light brown discharge

I am around 5 weeks pregnant. I spotted brown when i wiped last nite and again this morning. Nothing major, just brown discharge...and just a little.

Has anyone else had this?? Is this ok? I am just nervous.

( I know i asked this on the Jan 11 board...but i just realized that maybe more of you that are further along might have some words of wisdom)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 5 weeks pregnant and light brown discharge

• brown discharge is old blood...did you have sex yesterday?  That would do it...
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012
  • I did 2 days ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When you had sex, it just knocked the old stuff that was sitting there out.  I wouldnt worry about it unless it turns into red/pink blood and you start cramping badly.  I know it's hard not to worry, but try! lol
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012
  • Try not to worry, as pp was saying brown blood means that it's old.  I had spotting at 4W, 6W, and 10W (for no apparent reason) and my LO is as active and healthy as can be!
  • I had brown discharge for a week between 6-7 weeks and everything is fine. gl
  • ree13ree13 member
    At 5 weeks it is hard to tell.  You can have brown spotting during implantation but my doctor also said that spotting happens but its not necessarily normal.  During my last pregnancy I had the EXACT same thing and I was 10 weeks so I thought I was fine.  I called my OB anyway and they did an U/S and nothing was there anymore.  I had a Blighted Ovum which means the embryo never developed and my body absorbed it.  I don't want you to freak out, but you should definitely call you OB and at least try to get an U/S. Everything may be fine but its always good to find out for sure.  Good luck to you!  I hope you don't have to have the same experience as we did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had brown spotting with ds and this pregnancy and everything has been fine for me. Let your OB know and they may do beta levels or an early u/s to make sure everything is ok.
  • Spotting can be nothing or could indicate a problem. Always call your OB to get their opinion.  I agree with PP that if it stops and doesn't turn bright red, you are probably ok.  As far as cramping, you don't have to have cramping to M/C.  I had no cramps during my previous M/C.  It was just like a light period.  I was about 5.5 weeks.  Good luck.  I hope everything turns out ok.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • I had dark brown spotting for a couple days earlier this week. I went to the OB for an U/S and the embryo was fine. She thought that it might have been from a PAP last week or old implantation blood that was knocked out of there for some reason. Call your doc if you're really concerned, but I wouldn't worry too much if it has stopped, doesn't turn red, or if you don't have heavy cramping.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar
  • jaxxx15jaxxx15 member
    Same thing happened on Thursday.  They wanted me to come in for bloodwork.  When they got the results both HCG and Prog. were good but wanted to do an ultrasound.  I had that done yesterday.  Things look ok but I have to go back in a week for another one.  I would call just to be sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • babes12babes12 member

i had spotting the day i found out i was pg. and the next day.  then nothing until yesterday. i had light brown spotting again.  i called my ob but they said there's nothing they can do about it right now and since i already had my beta drawn yesterday just to wait till mon. for the results.  lovely! 

so far no spotting today. 

i had spotting w/ DS # 1 too and he turned out to be a healthy little boy. 

i hope it's nothing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • I had brown spotting from the middle of week 5 to the beginning of week 7. RE put me on pelvic rest while I was spotting, but baby looked good, she said it was close to my cervix, but that eventually it would move up (apparently it did since I haven't seen any more spotting). I was extremely worried and I checked  a few times every hour. You should talk to your doctor for peace of mind, but since it's brown baby is probably ok. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"