Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Silly MIL

She sent over a big box of gifts for S.  Nice gesture- a few cute things that we will useand a handful that will get donated somewhere asap.

This is par for the course with her.

The new twist is that she labeled everything with a note to the baby in big black sharpie.  Even her block set reads:

"To S Love Grandma 4-1-10"

I guess we are keeping score around here of who gives what.

Re: Silly MIL

• Options
    For Easter MIL gave DD a savings bond. On the card with it she wrote "Love Grandma G (her last initial) with the "G" underlined like 5 times. This way DD wont mistake it was from my parents I guess...LOL.
  • Options
    I'd gladly trade your issue with my MIL issues.  At least it's the thought that counts-it sounds kind of sweet to be honest.  She might be afraid if she's not around one day she wants him to know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DelbyDelby member
    DH's entire (but small) family is very "sentimental" like this.  Hopefully that's all it is with your MIL.  They write on EVERYTHING and keep EVERYTHING.  MIL does it a lot.  Every time she gives me a picture she's marked it all up with sharpie, where it was, who it is, all that.  They haven't done this with gifts YET, but I would not be surprised at all.  Not that it's bad, I just like the clean look.  I think their philoophy is - writing on it confirms it's special which gives you a reason to keep it FOREVER. LOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"