3rd Trimester

speaking of sexy time...

now that i am dialated, DH doesnt want to have sex anymore.  Not like we have ALOT of sex, i think its been like 2 weeks.   WTF?  if we dont have sex anymore its going be like months and months until we can!?!  

And i have the craziest sex dreams all the time!!

Re: speaking of sexy time...

• At least you have had some, my DH has lost all desire to have sex, it has already been months for me! We tried about 2 weeks ago but he is just too freaked out by the baby to even get in the mood. Don't worry you will be back in the swing of things! At least thats what I keep telling myself.
  • LOL...just attack him! It's the only thing that got DH through his rut when baby Caitlin started moving. LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • tyke29tyke29 member
    When the baby started moving, my DH was less excited about sex.  I just offered a BJ and he got over it.  LOL.  This past weekend I just told him that everything was groomed and lotioned.  (I had my baby shower, so I took extra care shaving/grooming, etc.) 
  • imagekayteatrudeau:
    LOL...just attack him! It's the only thing that got DH through his rut when baby Caitlin started moving. LOL

I tried that. He looked at me and said "down cheetah, be a good kitty" and then I started laughing so hard I peed. Sex for us has come to a screeching hault for WAY WAY to long now but Energizer batteries are making a good profit off me still.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ha, we are trying to get labor started so we've been having sexy time like we're TTC!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagebabyandme10514:

imagekayteatrudeau:
    LOL...just attack him! It's the only thing that got DH through his rut when baby Caitlin started moving. LOL

I tried that. He looked at me and said "down cheetah, be a good kitty" and then I started laughing so hard I peed. Sex for us has come to a screeching hault for WAY WAY to long now but Energizer batteries are making a good profit off me still.

That was too funny ...  "down cheetah, be a good kitty" LOL

I usually attack him in the middle of the night ... by the time he wakes up I am almost done!! Yay for a heavy sleeper.

• God, I hear you about the sexy dreams! My libido is through the roof right now.  Fortunately, my DH hasn't totally lost interest in sex, and the baby doesn't bother him, but he isn't anywhere near as randy as I am.  I'd say he's up for it about once a week. As for me, I could go every day.
  • Hmmmm. I'm 7 months exactly today and I gotta tell ya, I'm super disappointed in the direction our sex life has gone!! We have sex like once a week and I just can't handle it! It sounds like we're going through some of the same stuff. And oddly enough my name is Bailey. How weird. I can't tell if my boyfriend is just exhausted from work, which I know he is, but that's never stopped us before....or if he's freaked out about having sex with me because of our baby girl and my tummy is getting bigger and less sexy.

I think we're all confused about this stuff. And I'm not sure there are any right answers! Which sucks! If you figure any new tactics to get your man more in the mood, be sure to message me and fill me in! I'm dyin' here!!

• In my 2nd trimester, I wanted it all the time. Ever since about 27 weeks, my drive has gone away completely. Its starting to come back, and we've tried a couple of times, but it hurts me too much to get anywhere with it. DH seems to be ok with it, and I do find other ways to help him out (as does he!), but there will probably be no sexy time until after she gets here.
  • ok, I read these questions and stuff all the time.. will somebody please tell me what the heck DH means!?!? And DD, DS, all these abbreviations are not working for the computer illiterate! lol!!
  • imageLaxbugg1410:
    Ha, we are trying to get labor started so we've been having sexy time like we're TTC!

Haha. We're doing the same thing. Then again our sex life was never put on hold because I was pregnant. The longest we went was 2 months, but thats because we were in different states. 

• I feel ya.... we havent had sexy time in a month andI am going crazy... I am 35 weeks and I dont have that much time left. My DH said I have been hateful and thats way he's not in to it. WHATEVER! I really need it.

• I don't have a high sex drive and never have but my fiance is in the mood all the time. All we have to do is kiss and he's ready. I have to be the one to tell him to relax lol. We have sex every other day or sometimes everyday.
  • i know I'm not sure what most of them mean either but i do know that DH means darling husband
  • It's been 5 weeks for us.  It's a combo of both of us losing interest.  As soon as my stomach got in the way, I haven't been interested ever since.  We did it doggie style a couple times, but the last time my DH said it just wasn't as fun as usual.  He also said "I can't wait to have "normal" sex again" lol.  So we will probably go 18 weeks without sexy time.  :(
  • I have about 4 weeks left, but we still please each other sexually every day. It defiantly keeps us both in a good mood. We may not have actual intercourse, but there is still touching all the time. I like how he can't keep his hands off of me because I feel huge and not the most attractive right now but he keeps me feeling beautiful and sexy.
  • You all make me feel so much better. My husband has been in Africa for four months, and I was thinking when he got home it was going to be on. However we have only had sexy about twice in the two weeks since he got back. I used to have to pry him off me, now he hardly ever touches me. He says he is tired. At 24 I don't think there is such thing as being to tired for sex. It is really hurting my feeling, but I feel a little better knowing I am not alone in all this. Hopefully things will get back to normal in about four more months that's only if he dose not have to leave again.
  • I am 24 weeks and definitely into sex! My wonderful boyfriend could probably have sex 10 times a day and still want more - he hasn't lost his drive at all. In fact, it almost seems like the more pregnant I get, the more he wants it. Sometimes we have sex 3x a day, sometimes less.

I recommend doggy-style - I can still do missionary position, but the former is definitely the most comfortable for me. As far as the men who just aren't initiating sex like they used to, try a few things to initiate it yourself! If it just doesn't work out, you can still have a sweet make-out session, some touching, and just enjoy the feeling of being close to one another. If you're anything like me, sometimes that's what I crave the most.

• Darling husband, darling daughter, darling son.

You can find most of them on urbandictionary.com, or just by typing them into google, for when you get stuck next time!

• I'm having the opposite problem. I'm almost 38 weeks along and moving around is just a lot more difficult. My husband still thinks I'm sexy and has a sex drive but for me, it's too painful some of the time and just plain awkward. I think we'll be done soon.

For the answers to all your acronym questions, there is a list here: https://talk.thenestbaby.com/boards/glossary.html

• @tyke 29 "When the baby started moving, my DH was less excited about sex.  I just offered a BJ and he got over it.  LOL.  This past weekend I just told him that everything was groomed and lotioned.  (I had my baby shower, so I took extra care shaving/grooming, etc.)"

Excuse me for sounding immature or whatever adult terms you wanna call me but (though I am a teen) But honey, that is toooooo much info sweetie! I know this whole site is for mommys but there are probably mothers who have kids next to them that read that kind of stuff. Not my point, point is No one needs to know that you told your DH your all pretty and sexed up down there. At least I don't. MY FAULT FOR READING IT, but that's what you get for posting something, It gets read by EVERYONE.

:) KTHANKS bye.

• It is so crazy how things change when you get pregnant... My fiancee wants it just as much as he did before I got pregnant which is atleast once a day, but me on the other hand.... I use to be ok with it, but now I only want it like 2-3 times a week. Though I do give into him sometimes!!!
  • imageMs.NewMommy:

Excuse me for sounding immature or whatever adult terms you wanna call me but (though I am a teen) But honey, that is toooooo much info sweetie! I know this whole site is for mommys but there are probably mothers who have kids next to them that read that kind of stuff. Not my point, point is No one needs to know that you told your DH your all pretty and sexed up down there. At least I don't. MY FAULT FOR READING IT, but that's what you get for posting something, It gets read by EVERYONE.

Welcome to the Bump Newmommy.  If this kind of post offends you, then this may not be the site for you.  This is a site that you can chat with other women who are dealing with and thinking all the same things and shouldn't be ashamed or afraid to say anything.  This is a very open site so people can ask questions and make comments without being judged.  There is no reason this kind of comment should offend anyone.  It's a natural thing that happens in a grown up relationship and something worth sharing that may help another fellow bumpie that is looking to rekindle her slowly declining sex life while she gets further into her pregnancy.  I don't want to be mean, and we would love to have you chat with us, but again you can't be offended by little things like this.  Trust me, some comments get worse!!

GL with your pg.

• Same here! We haven't had any sort of pause in our sex life since I got pregnant, until now! He doesn't want to induce labor by having sex, so he says we should wait.. but if we stop now, we'll be missing out a lot longer than just until the birth...

Trying to convince him it's OK and the baby isn't going to come out until he's ready. lol And I'm ready for the baby to come out, so if it does induce labor, then GREAT!!

• I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!
  • imageMs.NewMommy:

@tyke 29 "When the baby started moving, my DH was less excited about sex.  I justoffered a BJ and he got over it.  LOL.  This past weekend I just toldhim that everything was groomed and lotioned.  (I had my baby shower,so I took extra care shaving/grooming, etc.)"

OK really chick, if they had kids around them or were truly as 'worried' about it as YOU seem to be, then they most likely WOULD NOT be on this bulletin. The name alone is SEXY TIME. any kid who can read enough to see the things your worried about, then they wouldnt be around when the parental figure is reading this. KEEP IN MIND: this site is not designed for kids and for the most part i seriously dont believe the parents would be like "oh hey sunny come read this with me!" ...I'm also a teenager and expecting, so let me tell you this, if you didnt want to hear/think about things like this...HOW DID YOUR CHILD COME INTO THIS WORLD. 

'kthanks.' 

Bumpin' from my Shift! Birthday Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    There's no one in life but you.
  • I'm 36 weeks tomorrow, and me and my fiance wait until we can't anymore, then we finally give into each other! There have been a lotoof funny and akward moments trying to find the most comfortable position LOL! But to fill the time in between we take showers together, watch a lot movies, and play cards just to have some "sexy time" without the sex!

Just remember there are a lot of ways to be intimate without the intercourse!!!

• adult terms you wanna call me but (though I am a teen) But honey, that is toooooo much info sweetie! I know this whole site is for mommys but there are probably mothers who have kids next to them that read that kind of stuff. Not my point, point is No one needs to know that you told your DH your all pretty and sexed up down there. At least I don't. MY FAULT FOR READING IT, but that's what you get for posting something, It gets read by EVERYONE.

Again, this site is for adults, not children.  AND the thread is called "Sexy Time."  Maybe you should censor what you read next time.

• @Ms.NewMommy:

Wow, this is definitely not the site for you.  Moms and moms-to-be come here for honest, REAL advice from others.  We need a place where we can express our true feelings and not be judged!  There are a lot of things that the pregnancy books don't talk about, so where better to get advice on those things than a friendly place like TheBump?  This is an open and honest environment, and I have been SO grateful for the frank communication on topics that might be embarrassing to discuss with a doctor.  The internet is all about a degree of anonymity!  There is no such thing as TMI here -- and I loved the advice given by the OP!  Try to keep an open mind and not be judgmental... and if you can't, then please at least don't post disparaging comments to people who are trying to help other moms-to-be.

• i would just like to know from the ladies how long it took to regain your want for sexy time? my wife is almost 15 weeks right now, and we've only had sex 3 times since we found out. it's killing me. i understand that everyone is different, and the first trimester is tough, but i thought i was in the clear since my wife had not been sick even once. all she does is sleep though. i work midnight-8am, so 4 nights a week she sleeps alone. almost every morning i have to hear about how she woke up "humping the pillow" during the night, and how she wished i was home. however, on the nights that i am home, she is asleep by 9pm, and we usually don't even talk much up until that point. it's like she has no interest in me whatsoever unless i am at work or somewhere else far away, and cant be with her. i have not said anything in hopes that the 2nd trimester will get better, and out of respect for the changes that she is going through right now, but there is a lot of tension in our house and we both know it. how can i help things along with us, or do i just sit back and hope it all returns someday?

• imagehotdyl23:

i would just like to know from the ladies how long it took to regain your want for sexy time? my wife is almost 15 weeks right now, and we've only had sex 3 times since we found out. it's killing me. i understand that everyone is different, and the first trimester is tough, but i thought i was in the clear since my wife had not been sick even once. all she does is sleep though. i work midnight-8am, so 4 nights a week she sleeps alone. almost every morning i have to hear about how she woke up "humping the pillow" during the night, and how she wished i was home. however, on the nights that i am home, she is asleep by 9pm, and we usually don't even talk much up until that point. it's like she has no interest in me whatsoever unless i am at work or somewhere else far away, and cant be with her. i have not said anything in hopes that the 2nd trimester will get better, and out of respect for the changes that she is going through right now, but there is a lot of tension in our house and we both know it. how can i help things along with us, or do i just sit back and hope it all returns someday?

The 1st tri was tough.  I always felt sick or exhausted, and didn't really want to do ANYTHING.  Plus, I was kind of freaked out about having a miscarriage -- I know that's not rational, but I couldn't help it.  The 2nd tri was totally different for me, though.  I can't remember when I started feeling better, but my sex drive definitely picked WAY up in the 2nd tri (I think it was even higher than pre-pregnancy).  So there is hope for you!

• that is what i keep hearing and reading. i am hoping that things will get better soon because i'm going nuts. i have been so excited for the "2nd trimester sex drive," but so far nothing :(
  • Haha! I have the same confusion...I am guessing DH means the dad but still can't figure out what the initials stand for and DD, DS???  what?
  • i had the same problem a few weeks ago.  the first D is dear and the other letters represent your significant others (SO), daughter, son, husband.Smile
  • How on earth do you groom and shave? i can't see anywhere down there! if i can ask.. lol
  • Thank goodness my hubby is extrermely turned on by my being pregnat.  We do it every day.  Since this is my third go round, we have tried a lot of different positions. Doggy is the most obvious, we also have tried a laying down doggie, both of you lay on your side with him behind you, you bend yourself from the waist, but make sure your comfortable, use a pillow for your head and your good to go.  One other that we both enjoy is I lay on my back and he positions himself crossways one of my legs goes between his and the other lays over top his waist.  In this positon, we both have access to me and him. 

I just don't understand how any man can be turned off by his pregnant wife.  I guess I just got lucky.  I hope things work out for you...of course you could always buy some fun toys for yourself!!!!! I still use mine b/c I could have sex all day and all night!!  

Mommy to Jordyn Michelle age 9( It's EOG week)!!

• To MommaMia...  DD is Darling Daughter, DS is Darling Son, DH is Darling Husband.  SO is significant Other.  These are the only ones I know!!

Mommy to Jordyn Michelle age 9(It's EOG week)!!!

• I am the opposite. my hubby loves the fact that i am preg. i am not showing yet i am only about 10 weeks along but i have no desire for sex at all. I am really hoping i grow out of it cause it bugs him but that is where i am at right now
  • imagehotdyl23:

i would just like to know from the ladies how long it took to regain your want for sexy time? my wife is almost 15 weeks right now, and we've only had sex 3 times since we found out. it's killing me. i understand that everyone is different, and the first trimester is tough, but i thought i was in the clear since my wife had not been sick even once. all she does is sleep though. i work midnight-8am, so 4 nights a week she sleeps alone. almost every morning i have to hear about how she woke up "humping the pillow" during the night, and how she wished i was home. however, on the nights that i am home, she is asleep by 9pm, and we usually don't even talk much up until that point. it's like she has no interest in me whatsoever unless i am at work or somewhere else far away, and cant be with her. i have not said anything in hopes that the 2nd trimester will get better, and out of respect for the changes that she is going through right now, but there is a lot of tension in our house and we both know it. how can i help things along with us, or do i just sit back and hope it all returns someday?

To me, its kinda odd that a man is posting on here cause I thought this was for mommies...but in reference to your inquiry, it may not be well into the second trimester  she feels like doing anything. I didnt get morning sickness or anything during my first trimester, but I did just want to sleep all the time, and definitely had zero sex drive. I am 21 weeks now, and didnt start feeling any better till a couple weeks ago. 

Just give it time, getting over that first bit is tough, but she should be gaining her energy back soon enough :)

• im pretty sure DH will cut me off loooong before Im dilated ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"