Success after IF
Options

3 day transfer success stories

Ladies, I need some hope.  We transfered 2 embryos today I was so sad I was crying during the whole thing.  This was the same result as IVF #1.

They transfered 1 5-cell and 1 6-cell and the Doc gave me a 10-15% chance. I am looking for some hope.

Re: 3 day transfer success stories

• Options

We transferred an 8 and a 7 cell after 3 days. My RE only does 3 day transfers typically. He is a firm believer that the embryos grow better in their natural environment.

Good luck! 

• Options
    GSwansGSwans member

We transferred 2 embryos at 3 days also, and we have 2 little ones on the way! ?My RE was also a believer in getting them "back in where they belong." ?

Good luck!?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have no idea what grade, etc our embies were for our bfp/3dt IVF but I don't think they were great since none of the 12 that fertilized made it to freeze, but my sweet little girl is upstairs sleeping right now.  (I had much better quality-- 1 blast and 1 almost blast-- whatever they are called for my 5 day transfer bfn IVF)

Good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did a 3dt, transferred two and one stuck. Good luck!!
    After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We transferred 2 on day 3 with my first IVF cycle.  DD is in siggie : )

Best of luck to you! 

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We transferred 2 on day 3 also. Try to stay positive. I know this is hard, but there are lots of success stories with day 3 transfers.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I transferred one on day 3 and it worked.  GL. 
  • Options
    imageVillo24:

We transferred an 8 and a 7 cell after 3 days. My RE only does 3 day transfers typically. He is a firm believer that the embryos grow better in their natural environment.

Good luck! 

This exactly! Good luck!

• Options
    We transferred two on day three, and we have a two year old son from it!!
  • Options
    Both of my pregnancies were the result of three day transfers -- my RE has very strict guidelines for 5 day transfers, and I never made the "cut."  Good luck!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options

My pregnancy is the result of a 3dt.  We froze our embies on day one so they had to grow for three days before they could transfer them.  We were given less than 20% chance that ONE would take and less than 3% chance that all three would take.  We transferred an 8,7, & 6 cell and ALL three took.

Stay positive!!! 

• Options

We transferred 2 great embies (can't remember the numbers right now) and 1 stuck!

GL!

• Options

We had success!!  We xferred 3 embies-- 2 excellent 5 cell and one good 6cell --- one stuck and he was born in October. 

Don't give up hope.  It was our 3rd and final attempt and I believed up to 12 days after xfer that it didn't work.  I didn't feel a thing and I was completely depressed.  I reluctantly took a hpt b/c my other IRL IVF friends all came up w/ a bfp (we all cycled at the same time, by chance).  I was sure it wasn't going to work but it did!!

Good luck and I can't wait to see you here permanantly! 

• Options

This is a helpful (& hopeful) thread!  I've thought about coming here and asking the same question.  I've had my moments of uncertainty, too. 

I had a 3DT on 4/26, and transferred 3 high-quality 8-cell embies.  My DH and I were so caught up in making it to 5DT that we felt worried when told we'd do a 3DT.  Our clinic will only do 5DT if we have 5+ high-quality embryos on day 3.  History and pic in my siggy, but that's the gist of it. 

Anyway, thank you all for sharing your successes!!  And to the OP, good luck wishes to both of us! :-)

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options

We did a 3dt as well, transferred two and one stuck!

Good luck! :)

• Options
    Meeee!!!!
  • Options

IVF #1 - 3dt of 2 8-cells - BFN

IVF #2 - 3dt of 2 8-cells (results in sig)  :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

See siggy 

I had 4 really poor less than 5 cells embies on day three, they were so fragmented that they would not have made it to a day 5 transfer.  I transferred all 4 and had DS.  I think it turned out pretty good but I am biased.  Smile

• Options
    we transferred 3 ~ 8 celled embryo's at 3 days :-))))) 
  • Options
    I had 1 8 cell and  1 6 cell transferred on Day 3 and got pregnant with my DS from the transfer. I didn't think it would work but it did!! Never give up hope!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    My clinic prefers to do 3dt like a few of the pps.  We transferred 2 on day 3 and they both stuck!  Good luck! 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    They transferred two 7 cell 3 day embies! Don't lose hope yet!
    IVF #3 = ID Twin Boys TTC #3, June 2011 FET #1 m/c 9 Weeks, October FET #2 BFN, December FET #3 BFN, March FET #4 c/p, June FET #5 BFN, July FET #6 embie didn't survive the thaw IVF#4 September 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Identical twin boys born at 30 weeks 2 days due to HELLP
  • Options

We did a 3 day transfer with 4 8 cell embryos. I'm pregnant with a singelton. GL!

• Options

These stories are so helpfull.  Thank you.

ps. Your little ones are so cute

• Options

My RE also only does 3-day transfers.

We tfr'd 3 embies- one 8-cell, one 7-cell, and one 4-cell.  One stuck, and that's how we got Christopher.  Honestly, there is no magic formula.  I had perfect, 8-cell embies before that, and they didn't stick.  I like to think Chris was the little 4-cell embie that could.  :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"