Baby Names

STHU about boy names... They are not trends!!!

So obviously boy names for girls and vice versa is not a trend. Im 30 years old with a boys name and I am every bit as girly as they come! However if you get me in the court room arguing a case, Im neither male nor female, Im super Biotch and its aint becuase of my name. 

Name your LO's whatever the hell you want to! I am so glad to have a male name as its a family name and its great!

If my mother would have named me Amanda, like she thought to, then whatever! I would still be me.

Just a note, if you name your daughter Gabriella, Ella, Ashley, Jamie, Billie, Lucy, Alexandra, etc. It all goes back to latin.

If you want to name your daughter masculine names than by all means do so if not more power to you.

As for the women who said that  hate my name! Hate is an awful word and to tell someone that you hate their personal name is borderline senseless?

Okay vent over, I think the zofran is finally working! 

Re: STHU about boy names... They are not trends!!!

• 30-35 years ago certain boy names trended toward unisex names and a whole new set of names are doing it now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It also has to do with boys with girls names.
  • Yes

ETA: I know this is all about your own opinion and everything but regarding the post about naming your girl a boy name because you really wanted a boy just cracks me up. What about the people who do not know what they are having and they pick out the names because they like them. So what if they are "boys" names or "unisex" names. If you dont like it then simply just say you dont and get over it.  I am ttc and do not know what i will have when i do get pregnant and on our list for girls names are a couple unisex names. I didnt choose the unisex names for my girl names because i want a boy i chose them because i like them. So that arguement was so funny to me because it just made no since! People choose names because they like them, not because they wish they had a different gender!

• imagekuma08:

So obviously boy names for girls and vice versa is not a trend. Im 30 years old with a boys name and I am every bit as girly as they come! However if you get me in the court room arguing a case, Im neither male nor female, Im super Biotch and its aint becuase of my name. 

Name your LO's whatever the hell you want to! I am so glad to have a male name as its a family name and its great!

If my mother would have named me Amanda, like she thought to, then whatever! I would still be me.

Just a note, if you name your daughter Gabriella, Ella, Ashley, Jamie, Billie, Lucy, Alexandra, etc. It all goes back to latin.

If you want to name your daughter masculine names than by all means do so if not more power to you.

As for the women who said that  hate my name! Hate is an awful word and to tell someone that you hate their personal name is borderline senseless?

In your OP no one said they hated Austin, so you need to calm down. And you never mentioned it was YOUR name until I said I didn't like it. So I think you are overreacting. 

There are a million girl names out there. Why is it okay to take boys names and turn them into girls names? In my opinion, which is all anyone has on here, it sucks. I don't like it. 

• I don't like the name Austin for a boy or girl

So here... have some more spilled milk to cry over.  

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • So, what makes your opinion better than theirs?

Senseless...like this post?

• My grandparents named my mom "Danise" she went by Dani since the 60's so it's not a young trend I agree.

• ames71ames71 member
    Bravo!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageandrea922:
    imagekuma08:

In your OP no one said they hated Austin, so you need to calm down. And you never mentioned it was YOUR name until I said I didn't like it. So I think you are overreacting. 

There are a million girl names out there. Why is it okay to take boys names and turn them into girls names? In my opinion, which is all anyone has on here, it sucks. I don't like it. 

I think you missed my point. I had stated that my name was a male name. Also if you want to name your little girl a female name, than by all means do so. Im keeping a tradition alive thus I am taking a trend. A tradition is not a trend.

To the other point, opinions are what I asked for! Thus they were welcomed. Those who responded went off topic and when all I wanted was a vote, not " I hate that trend" etc.

• If you didn't want opinions you should not have posted. Just b/c your name is Austin, doesn't mean we are going to change our responses to the question YOU asked. You got answers, stop whining.
  • imagekuma08:
    Im super Biotch and its aint becuase of my name.

When you rant and rave, try to avoid weirdness like this.  It will make you seem less crazy.  Confused

• imageCinnamonBun:
    If you didn't want opinions you should not have posted. Just b/c your name is Austin, doesn't mean we are going to change our responses to the question YOU asked. You got answers, stop whining.

THIS! you are the one that posted on here asking for opinions. 

• It being a tradition doesn't cause it to no longer follow a trend. Right now Michaela/Makayla/Mikayla is trendy.  I named dd Michaela to honor my dad. I do not try to pretend it isn't a trendy name. 

There continues to be a trend, just like there was 30 years ago, for girls to be given boy names. James and Austin are traditionally male names, some people dislike them used for girls other don't care.  If you are this sensitive about it maybe you should consider something different for your lo. 

• imageJoyGotDots:

imagekuma08:
    Im super Biotch and its aint becuase of my name.

When you rant and rave, try to avoid weirdness like this.  It will make you seem less crazy.  Confused

This.  And if you are going to name your daughter James, you better get a thicker skin.  

• imagekuma08:

Well, I hate to tell you, dear, but boy names for girls is far more prevalent a trend now than it was 30 years ago.  (In that, I agree with fredalina.)  Are there 30-year-old women with traditionally male names?  Sure.  But there are far fewer of them than there are girls under the age of 5 with traditionally male names. 

Take a look at the list of top 100 girls' names (grouped by spelling) today and you'll see Madison, Addison, Avery, Taylor, Riley, Peyton, Jordan, and Jayden...  Going down the list past 100, you can find London, Hayden, Ryan, Kayden, Charlie, Dylan, etc.    https://www.namenerds.com/uucn/top08xx.html

It's not "new," but it's definitely trendier today than it was 30 years ago.

• why do people care so much about what other people are naming their children?  I just dont see the big deal...

• Confused
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • imagefeffy11:
    imageravelleb56:

why do people care so much about what other people are naming their children?  I just dont see the big deal...

Check the title of the board. Baby names are the topic, and people ask about certain names in order to get advice and opinions. That is the purpose.

OP, I think you are very sensitive about all of this, and that should be an indication about what your daughter will face when she introduces herself. You may be bold, or "super biotch," but that doesn't mean your daughter will have the same moxie. Let's hope she has thicker skin about her name than you do. Vent over.

i'm well aware of the title of the board.  if someone posts about needing advice thats one thing, but "venting" about what someone else is naming their child seems pointless to me.. sorry!

• Trends are cyclical, and you are a nutcase.

A name doesn't have to be completely original and new to be trendy. Emma and Olivia are trendy, and they have been around for a few hundred years.

Pull out the stick.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"