South Dakota Babies
Options

xp (kinda) rant about tricare

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

I am sorry if I offend any one who fits into this category I just hate it.

I just called to schedule an appointment with a new therapist my original one decided to go active duty and so I haven't seen any one since, I was doing pretty good until my recent pregnancy that ended in MC.  It all started with me being thoroughly pissed off when Tricare told me I couldn't keep my civilian OB and then when I called to schedule an appointment with Balboa they wouldn't see me until I was 11 wks (they didn't see anything wrong with it because it is in their standard of care to be seen between 8-12 wks).  I just hate how I read posts from people talking about US at 5 wks 6 wks etc when they wouldn't even see me for my intro appointment until 11 wks. 

So basically I am seeing the therapist because tricare will approve breast augmentation (larger or smaller) if it is decided that it will improve your mental health/self image.  So I am hoping it will work the same way for me maybe I can get them to approve keeping my civilian ob or get them to see me sooner or get me into their infertility clinic so that with our next pg I will be seen in a manner that will put me at ease or even try to find out why I am MCing and try to prevent a future one. 

I will also be looking forward to talking to someone who actually has the potential to make me feel better.

I don't even know if this made any sense but it definitely made me feel better thanks for letting me rant.

However I am aware of switching to standard giving me that flexibility however when you drop down you cannot go back up for a yr. Pregnancy being only 9 mo that is problematic for me because I have other medical issues as well and have been put under for 3 different procedures in the last yr therefore making me nervous about dropping down.  If you have any knowledge of how much other care costs outside of pregnancy that would be appreciated.  That and if I do have to go through another MC I would be out of prime for that yr still and then with any others I would be stuck in the same cycle again, so yeah like I said any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for listening sorry I didn't really introduce myself shall pointed me in this direction I don't think I will post here much due to obvious or not so obvious reasons thank you ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: xp (kinda) rant about tricare

• Options
    I had Tricare Standard for a couple of months before switching to Tricare Prime.  To see my PCP I had to pay $59.  I got billed for the full price of our 20 week ultrasound ($200) but got that straightened out so didn't end up paying anything.  I switched to Prime and was allowed to keep my civilian OB because I was already 35 weeks pregnant and they approved it based on continuity of care.  I have only been out of the military myself since December, so I'm still figuring out how to work Tricare as a civilian.  I wish I had more information, but hopefully those numbers can give you somewhat of an idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"