Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

# solid meals/day-7m old?

Just wondering.  How many solid meals a day is your 7 month old eating?  I was told to do 3 a day, but I feel like that is more than I was doing with DD.  How much are they eating in one "solids" meal?  My DS is eating typically a Stage 2 food, and often some additional cereal or part of another Stage 2 food in each solid meal.  Is this what you are finding?  I feel like he's getting more solids than BM and I feel like this shouldn't be the case at this age. 

Re: # solid meals/day-7m old?

• Options
    At the early six month sage we were doing a stage 2 for breakfast and dinner and 4, 7 oz bottles per day. I just recently added lunch (another stage 2) and we are still doing the 4, 7oz bottles. I wasn't really on a schedule I just take LO's ques as when she is hungry and needed more. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    At 7 months old DC should be getting 28-32 oz. per day in milk.  I FF so I tried to meet that goal.  BFing I would assume would be a tad bit different.  As far as solids, my DS at 2 fruits in the morning, had a morning bottle.  Then around lunchtime had another bottle.  We had solids again at 2:30 (usually one veggie) and another bottle.  Then finally, we had a bed time bottle.  HTH!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO is 8 months and we're still only doing 2 meals a day.  She eats a stage 2 fruit or veggie (sometimes with some oatmeal mixed in) at each meal.  She gets a few puffs or a mum mum as a snack.  She's currently still nursing 5 times a day (and once overnight).  I'm going to try a third meal soon and see how it goes. 
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD gets 3 meals a day, and nurses/gets a bottle 5-6x a day. her solids meals are 2 cereal meals w/ a fruit or veggie, then one meal that is just a stage 2 fruit or veggie. on the weekends i sometimes worry that she's not getting enough BM, but we just made the switch so she gets two bottles of formula then nurses 3x. on the weekdays she nurses 3x and gets 3 bottles, so overall i think she's getting enough BM/formula along w/ her meals. she's been eating 3 meals a day since 6 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We started cereal around 4.5 months and then fruits and veggies a couple weeks later. At our 6 month appt he was getting 2 meals a day and pedi told us to increase to 3 per day. He gets a fruit in the morning, a fruit and a veggie for lunch and then a veggie and meat/veggie mixture in the evening. Each of those is 1/2 a stage 2 at each sitting so basically 2 1/2 tubs/jars per day. I made some of my own baby food over the weekend so he is getting a little bit more right now since he is a getting a little hungrier. He gets about 24 oz formula in a day as well.

• Options
    At 7 months we were just starting to do 2 solid meals a day.
  • Options

I didn't do 3 meals a day with any of my kids at 7 months old.  We didn't start solids until closer to 6 months with them though, so I'm sure that's part of it.  In fact, my youngest DD was really sick and in the hospital for 10 days around that time,so she was defintely not getting 3 meals. 

She's 81/2 months now and we are just starting to do 3, and that's not every day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"