South Dakota Babies

Military Family Poll

Sorry to be posting again, but I am so excited to have this (partial) board!

I barely know my ILs (like have't even met most of them) and my husband harldy knows my family, since we met in the military. I am from TN and he is from MO, so our families don't know each other either. For about a year, we lived in CA together and then we moved out here to HI. - It has been really difficult to form family relationships and very expensive to plan trips to visit (for them and us)... It has been really tough for us to go through being newlyweds, getting pg, and being pg, and getting ready to have a baby being so far away from family.

SO...  I was wondering how many people are seperated from their families and what it is like for you all?

[Poll]
Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC #2 ~ Cycle 7

Re: Military Family Poll

• My husband and I are from the same town.  I moved back home for his deployment because I wanted family around for the birth of our first baby (if that makes me an immature beebee myself so be it).  Of course, in a few months we will be packing up and moving back to Ft. Gordon, but it will be worth the trouble.  Luckily it's only about an 11 hour drive from here to there.  
  • SS: I'm living with my parents while DH is gone, so they were there when Curly Joe was born.  DH's parents live in Nigeria, so I've never met any of his family, but we've talked on the phone, e-mailed, and text all the time.  I hope to meet them in person within the next couple years.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • SS: All of our parents are in Florida.  My IL's actually were arriving for a visit when I went into labor.  So they were here for the first week.  My Mom came out at 1 month and my Dad is planning on coming out in June (4 months).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP 2/17/12 EDD 10/24/12 MM/C 3/22/12 D&C 3/27, 4/4, 4/9
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • imagechantellio:
    My husband and I are from the same town.  I moved back home for his deployment because I wanted family around for the birth of our first baby (if that makes me an immature beebee myself so be it).  Of course, in a few months we will be packing up and moving back to Ft. Gordon, but it will be worth the trouble.  Luckily it's only about an 11 hour drive from here to there.  

I'm stationed at Ft. Gordon! Even though this is a military board I really wasn't expecting to see anybody else on this board stationed here.

• imagexcjen06:

imagechantellio:
    My husband and I are from the same town.  I moved back home for his deployment because I wanted family around for the birth of our first baby (if that makes me an immature beebee myself so be it).  Of course, in a few months we will be packing up and moving back to Ft. Gordon, but it will be worth the trouble.  Luckily it's only about an 11 hour drive from here to there.  

I'm stationed at Ft. Gordon! Even though this is a military board I really wasn't expecting to see anybody else on this board stationed here.

Cool.  I'm not a huge fan of the Augusta area, but I have to admit, I can't wait to get back and eat at Monterrey.  We were both in the 67th, (I'm not in anymore) and my husband is deployed with them.   

• I chose Special Snowflake...

Our boys are adopted from Korea and some of our family was able to come to the airport where we were living to welcome each of them home. The rest of the family met each boy within their first year of their arrivals. It was much easier when we were in NC and all family was driving range from us. Being in California has been more difficult.

With this child, we are moving mid-pregnancy and I will give birth in Virginia. I don't want a lot of hoopla when LO is born, want the boys to be able to love all over their little brother/sister right away! So we'll have some family out within the first couple weeks and the others will meet him/her whenever.

Pictures in emails, having a blog, Skype, etc has helped us stay connected with our extended families.

• We are moving before the baby is born. So, it depends on where we go on when family will come out. If we go back to Virginia (that is what we hope will happen) then everyone will probably come out when the baby is born. DH is from MI and I am from KY.
  • I voted for at birth but afterwards I realized I should have put special snowflake. I am going to be living with my family while DH is deployed so they'll meet LO at birth hopefully along with DH...DH's family however, likely won't get to see the baby until its a few months old and DH is home from overseas.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • She was 2 months old when my husband met her on R&R.  We were stationed in Germany at the time so no family around.  Before moving here we went back "home" to visit and she was 9 months when we were there and she met most of our family.
  • I have no idea when we will get home for her to meet the families.  DH and I are from the same area in MA so we can see both families in one visit but with me out of work now and his crazy schedule I have no idea when we will get home.  But like we've been tell people for years, planes fly into Washington too :)
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • For my son I moved back in with my parents since my DH was stationed in Japan. So they were all there for the birth. My DH's family met him when he was 3 months I flew to texas for a visit. This one we stay in Cali my mom and grandma are coming here after the birth to help out. As far as going to visit the rest of the family we are still trying to figure it out but usually we go home in Feb and just make stops in both places. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DH and I are from the same state.  Our immediate families have met each other and we've each met each other's extended families.  As for G, both of our mother's were here for the delivery.  The rest of the immediate family met him within the first 3 months, spread out over that time.  Very few extended family have had a chance to meet him.  We're lucky to only live 5-8 hours from our families.
  • My husband and I met when he was stationed at Fort Campbell, which is only an hour from the majority of my family. I was also living with my parents when DD was born because DH was about to deploy. His parents live in CA and were able to fly in to say goodbye to him before he left and also meet their first grandbaby. They arrived at my house the day I got home from the hospital and left 2 days before DH deployed (horrible experience and about to go through almost the exact same thing!) This time, my mom is currently visiting and we are waiting for LO to arrive, he's 5 days late, and my ILs will be arriving May 15-16 and leaving the 26. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"