Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

do you make your own meat purees?

or just stick to fruits and veggies? I'm not sure about pureeing up meats, so thinking about just buying the organic canned stuff. Wanted to hear about other experiences!

Re: do you make your own meat purees?

• Options
    i cant bring myself to do the meat purees. i buy those pre-made. i'm sure it's easy, but it sounds so gross. 
  • Options
    I puree it, ball it up, and bake. He loves his meatballs! And doing it that way lets me add tons of veggies. Before he was doing finger foods (he's been on them exclusively since he was 8ish months old), I tried to puree meat once or twice. He wouldn't eat it. Can't say I blame him!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I've made beef and chicken purees.  I keep intending to do turkey, but that has yet to happen.
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Options
    I baked chicken or made potroast and shred it up in tiny bites and mixed it in veggies.  I never pureed it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You'd be amazed how finely you can mince a chicken breast if you put your mind to it, no pureeing required.
  • Options
    I've tried a couple of times, but DD didn't really like it. No matter what I did. So we just stick to the jars of meats, when she will eat them. She eats table food/ finger foods most of the time.
  • Options
    I boiled cut up chicken or turkey, plus diced celery and carrots, or peas and onions, until veggies are soft, then puree- my DS loved it. We now buy ground chicken or turkey and make meatballs out of them to serve with soft veggies.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't bring myself to feed DS pureed meat.  Gag.  I'm giving him shredded chicken, or I've also gotten really nice, organic deli turkey and cut it into tiny cubes.  That way he can feed himself and I don't have to see meat paste.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"