TTC After a Loss
Options

Clomid vs prometrium

Just wondering why you are on either med. Was it for anovulatory cycles? LPD? etc... I'm curious since I may have to start one or the other so can you list which one your are on and why?

Thanks ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clomid vs prometrium

• Options
    I'm on Clomid.  This is my 3rd cycle since my loss with it.  (I took it one cycle before I got pregnant with the baby we lost).  I don't ovulate without it.  I don't know about other meds.  Clomid is the only thing I've tried thus far.
  • Options
    bmp84bmp84 member
    I've been on Clomid since April 2009 and my doctor prescribed it because my charts and hormone levels were showing non-existent or weak ovulation. I have O'd on Clomid every month except last cycle. I am on progesterone supplements for LPD. I'm also on estradiol which is supposed to boost your progesterone production and ups the chance of releasing more than one egg. Feel free to ask me any questions you have... I wish I had asked more questions when I started Clomid :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebmp84:
    I've been on Clomid since April 2009 and my doctor prescribed it because my charts and hormone levels were showing non-existent or weak ovulation. I have O'd on Clomid every month except last cycle. I am on progesterone supplements for LPD. I'm also on estradiol which is supposed to boost your progesterone production and ups the chance of releasing more than one egg. Feel free to ask me any questions you have... I wish I had asked more questions when I started Clomid :)

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I'm asking now because my doc wanted me to start temping this cycle to see what was happening because of my week long spotting leading up to AF. He was worried about low progesterone and said clomid may be the route to go--better success or something. I didn't ask a ton of questions because I figured I would when the time came. If I get AF as usual then my LP will only be 7-9 days this month. Plus, my spotting started up again yesterday so I imagine he'll suggest something. 

Long story short-I'm asking to see who may be on clomid for something like this and who is on progesterone. Also, just to learn more about this stuff!

• Options
    bmp84bmp84 member
    When I did O on my own, it was weak and my LP was really short. My doc gave me Clomid and suggested that I start taking B6 supplements to help my short LP. I'd have to look to make sure, but I think my first LP on Clomid was 16 days... about 2x as long as my norm. I didn't know about my progesterone related LPD until my 2nd loss. My progesterone levels had been fine until I got the BFP, but they dropped like a rock after :(
  • Options
    hey i started clomid and progesterone supp this cycle.  my doc put me on clomid because my charts and bloodwork showed i wasn't ovulating.  he put me on progesterone because my bloodwork showed low progesterone due to not ovulating.  my first cycle and no side effects of either medicine.  if you have any questions, feel free to ask, trust me, i researched and debated about this for a few months before i decided to start.  good luck to you.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    this will be my third cycle with prometrium. my dr started me on it b/c i was have 70+ day cycles. and i wasn't actually Oing. so i did 10 days of pro in march, then i Od on my own. last cycle, they told me to start the pro and i hadn't Od so that screwed up that cycle b/c i didn't O at all. now this is my third cycle trying with the pro to make sure my cycle is regular etc. after this cycle, they are putting me on clomid to help me regulate my O. hope that helps
  • Options
    I was on clomid for two cycles because my progesterone was too low. I ovulate on my own but not strong enough for pregnancy.
  • Options
    I just read your above reply to another person's reply. I would always get spotting before AF for like 4-5 days, and spotting is a symptom of low progesterone. I was on clomid for two cycles. It increased my progesterone but I was still spotting before AF and I didn't get pg. So just a few weeks ago my dr did a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy on me to find out if something else was causing the spotting and preventing me from getting pg. He found endometriosis and polyps which he remove. Hopefully removing those will help with the spotting but the dr still thinks I'll have low progesterone and need clomid to get pg. AF is due this week so we'll see how my progesterone is this cycle. Also, for what it's worth, I always thought low progesterone was connected to a LPD. My LP is a normal length so I never thought low progesterone was a reason for our infertility, but it turns out that your LP can be fine, but you can still have low progesterone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"