TTC After a Loss
Options

::: ambrandau2 :::

Thanks for the information in my testing post.  It was super helpful.  I don't know if you saw my second post, but I knew your little boy had the same thing and figured you'd know a lot more than than I do.

So the doctor can't definitively say that Trisomy 16 didn't have to do with you or DH?  I mean, if it's a total fluke, I get that, but if there's even a small chance it could be something with me or DH, I think that gives me ammunition for pushing the testing.

How long did it take to get the results?  Thanks again.

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
~ ~ ~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie

Re: ::: ambrandau2 :::

• Options

I've talked to a genetic counselor and an RE on this, and they had slightly different takes:

The GC feels that Trisomy 16 is one of the most common reasons for first trimester loss, and therefore can be seen as a one time awful thing. He felt really strongly that DH and I did not pass on anything that caused this.

My RE, before we had the MTHFR dx, was less sure, taking into account our total loss history, and next on our testing list was a karyotyope of DH and I to make sure neither of us was passing on a translocation that might be causing these issues.

Now that we know about the MTHFR, she still might want to do the karyotype just to be sure, but in her words "it is statistically impossible - and yes I (she) am using that word - that you would be Homo MTHFR AND have a transolcation in either of you. They are both too rare."

Not sure how I feel about that, but she is the doc, not me. I feel like there was a poster over on PGAL who had both MTHFR and transolcations, but I accept that it is highly unlikely.

The RPL results were in after one week, though it took me a little longer to get them to call me back (that is a function of their office, not the lab).

• Options

Thank you so much, Allison.  That is really helpful information that I will keep in mind when I do get to talk to my doctor. 

Wow, that's a lot to go through.  It's hard when the stats are so low on something.  You feel in a sense you can write it off and in another like, what if that's it though?  I hope you have all the answers you need for a sticky baby.  Good luck and thanks again.

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"