Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

C-section Mommas... When did you feel normal?

like 100%, dont feel like you have had surgery at all, normal? I mostly feel like myself again, but my incision is still a PITA, and Im still sore. When will I feel like Im back to myself again?

Re: C-section Mommas... When did you feel normal?

• Options

This is my 2nd C-section and my DS will be 2 months tomorrow. And I feel back to normal. Not sure if it's because I also have a 21month old toddler to look after as well that I am always on the go no time to "think" I did take the 6 weeks a little easy with the help of my DH and Mother. (THANK GOODNESS) but I'm in fully back 100% to myself and on top of that back to working out at the gym. Give yourself a few more weeks ;) hang in there!!
    Cheers,

CrystalSmile

• Options
    Not normal yet but getting there...I've only just started walking again this week (9 weeks pp) and it was short and slow (about 20 minutes) and only the one time. My incision site is still tender to slight touch but as of last week I wasn't feeling sore after a full work day so I decided to start walking...but the first walk kicked my butt and I haven't tried again yet, maybe tonight or tomorrow night I will try again...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dupedupe member
    Im still alittle sore, but Im able to do everything I was before.  I still try not to pick up my almost 2 year old, but I cant help it all the time. I took it as easy as I could with a toddler and a new baby and relaxed every chance I got. 
  • Options
    2 months I started to feel back to normal, but your incision will bother you off and on.  Mine still gets itchy 8 mos after.  It takes up to a year to heal totally so take your time :)
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options

I am 6 weeks PP and this was my first baby, first c-section etc--and I'm totally fine.  My incision is sometimes still a bit sore but I'm back to working out and I really don't feel there is anything I can't do at this point.

I really started feeling pretty good about 4-5 weeks PP.  Hang in there, I bet you notice a huge difference in how you feel in another week or so!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    at 7 weeks, i'm not back to normal yet, but i had some postpartum incision complications. blerg. i have been able to get out and about though.
  • Options
    Wow, I must be abnormal. I am 3 weeks out and I am feeling great and walking about an hour a day and cleaning the house. I felt great the day I came home and never even had to take a pain pill while in the hospital. The only thing I have an issue with is that around my incision it's a little sensitive when my clothes rub it.
  • Options
    I was about 3 weeks pp when I really started feeling more like myself.  I'd say by 5 weeks pp I was almost back to normal.  Right now, I feel just about 100%.  My incision sight is still very slightly tender sometimes, but other than that I feel pretty good.  I'm able to take long walks now with DS.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I feel great! I've been feeling good for a while. After I got out of the hospital, I pushed myself really hard. I ended up sore for a couple days but, ultimately, I think it helped me. I don't have the time to feel sore or bad because I have one baby at home and one in the hospital so I am constantly in different places. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i am 8 weeks PP. i feel great. i felt pretty good at about 4 weeks. this past week i started exercising again, i joined a zumba class. i still get random weird pains in my belly, but the doc said its normal and it could last for up to a year. other than that i feel completely normal (except for the extra weight i am carrying!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"