Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Poang IKEA rocking chair recs?

Anyone have the Poang rocking chair from IKEA?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19860962

We were thinking of using it instead of a glider. Any recs are welcome.

Thanks!

Re: Poang IKEA rocking chair recs?

• Options

We got this chair (in brown leather) for our nursery. Although I haven't used it much yet, I like it so far. It looks more modern and was less $ than a glider. We wanted something that would look nice in other rooms of our house too. I think it's really comfy...Ikea sells a foot-rest to match, but we didn't get that.

I've heard mixed reviews on here about it. Some say they're hard to get in/out of, but I honestly think it's fine. I plan on getting a big lumbar pillow to put on the chair, to help me sit up a bit (if it is hard to get up & out of, w/ a baby in my arms).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've had one for a few years now and I can see how it could be difficult to get out of w/ a baby in your arms. 

I'm probably going to go with this for the nursery.  (I'm just waiting for the slip covers to come in)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKSME924:

I've had one for a few years now and I can see how it could be difficult to get out of w/ a baby in your arms. 

I'm probably going to go with this for the nursery.  (I'm just waiting for the slip covers to come in)

I wanted that rocker from walmart but the covers have been out for MONTHS it seems like.

I have the regular Poang chair and we put that in our nursery for now and I love it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAprilCachet:
    imageKSME924:

I wanted that rocker from walmart but the covers have been out for MONTHS it seems like.

I have the regular Poang chair and we put that in our nursery for now and I love it!

This slip covers were in about 3-4 weeks ago when I 1st found it and MH was all, well think about it, make sure its the one you want.  So to appease him I waited until the next day and they were gone!!  Angry  I'm so mad at myself...

• Options
    We got it! Although we don't have baby yet, i still like to sit and rock. It is really comfy. You can read reviews of others we tried here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"