Infertility
Options

Hernia surgery trumps IVF #4 (Long semi-vent)

So I will try to make a long story short but is the story of infertility ever short!!?? 

**Discovered I had a hernia right after my BFP last June.  

**Lost baby in early Sept and entire focus was on "when can we try again," not my hernia. 

**First period after D&C took 2 mos to show up, then had to wait for another cycle, then had to start Metformin, then was able to start BCPs, then stims for IVF #3, all to lead to my BFN on March 1st.  

**At WTF appt RE says consult hernia surgeon for recommendation about whether or not to repair hernia before possible pregnancy through IVF #4.  

**Today was that appt w/hernia surgeon and he recommended repair before pregnancy, said pregnancy would be fine and no problem even as soon as the day after the surgery if it came to that, and gave me a May 3rd surgery date.        

**NOW FOR THE KICKER:  I got my period yesterday so I could start BCPs tomorrow or so, and be stimming after my May 5th or 6th period WHILE recovering from the May 3rd surgery BUT spoke with head nurse at RE's office and she is 95% sure my RE would prefer not to have my stimming overlap my recovery.  So I'll know for sure tomorrow but it looks like I'll be stimming for IVF#4 in the beginning of June...Thanks for reading this far!!

2009: 1st IVF began 12/29, cancelled due to OHSS; 1st full IVF began 2/10 ER 2/27 ET 3/4 BFN 3/13; IVF #2 began 5/23 ER 6/4 ET 6/9 BFP 6/18 Lost our baby on 9/12. 2010: IVF #3 (w/PGD) began 2/1 ER: 2/15 ET: 2/20 BFN 3/1; Took a break for hernia surgery and recovery; IVF #4 (w/PGD) began 6/30 ER 7/13 ET 7/18 BFN 7/27; IVF #5 began 10/23 ER 11/5 ET 11/10 Low Pos 11/19 BFN 11/22; Took a break: got a 2nd opinion,changed insurance,chose a new RE,and recharged emotionally. 2011: "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 6/4, 6/6, and 6/7 BFN on 6/21. "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 7/3 & 7/5 BFN on 7/19. "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 7/30, 8/1 & 8/2...the journey continues into 2012 with three more IVFs and 6 more IUIs...now looking at IVF with donor egg Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hernia surgery trumps IVF #4 (Long semi-vent)

• Options

I'm so sorry you have to wait, but in the end it might be a good thing. Surgery takes more out of you than you expect. After the surgery I just had we are waiting an extra cycle before our next IVF too for the same reason.

Good luck with your surgery and with IVF #4! 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Good Luck!  I think it's a good idea to get yourself all fixed up and then do another IVF cycle.  IDK, if it was me, I'd worry about it too much.
    Lovey and I married Oct 2005 He's 34; I'm 33
    TTC since October 2007 DX: MFI
    #1 & #2: Fall 2009 - 2 rounds of Clomid - BFN's
    #3: April 2010: IVF w/ ICSI - BFP but then....blighted ovum, D&C 5/26/10
    #4: 8/27/10 - FET = BFN :(
    #5: FET #2 - 10/28/10, 2 embryos... BFN
    #6: IVF w/ ICSI & AH ER 3/5/2011; 6-day trx 2 blasts 3/11 BFP!!! HB @ 6weeks but it was gone a few days later. D&C 4/8/11
    #7: IVF w/ ICSI & AH ER 8/29/11; 6 day trx 2 blasts, BFP!! (3 totsicles too) HB seen at 7 weeks, but was gone at 8.5 weeks. D&C 10/14/11 HEARTBROKEN!!
    #8 FET - 4/6/12, 1 embryo.....
    **** SAIFW ****
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i'm sorry you have to wait :(  i think it is smart to take care of hernia cutie, it would be hard on you to have during pregnancy.

((HUGS))

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"