Austin Babies

What's going around right now (sickness related)

DS woke up this morning with a fever of ~101 - he seems fine - just has a lowgrade fever and a cough.  I thought I've been hearing of a lot of kiddos going through this - I sent him up to SIL's for the day and she's going to call me if he seems "sick" because he slept fine and seemed in good spirits this am.  If your kiddo has recently had (has) this how long does it last and did you take them to the pedi? 
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What's going around right now (sickness related)

• Allergies

Gastroenteritis

Bronchitis/Pneumonia

We took dd to the pedi on Friday with a clear runny nose that's been off and on for 3 weeks.  She developed a realy junky cough.  No fever, but she started wheezing.  Dr. said definitely allergy related, but the drainage is collecting in the lower lobes of her lungs causing the bronchitis and a possible ear infection.  So we went home with Albuterol, Nebulizer, and Ommicef.   Fun times!  Otherwise she's acting, eating, behaving as normal. 

• image richardslove:

Allergies

Gastroenteritis

Bronchitis/Pneumonia

We took dd to the pedi on Friday with a clear runny nose that's been off and on for 3 weeks.  She developed a realy junky cough.  No fever, but she started wheezing.  Dr. said definitely allergy related, but the drainage is collecting in the lower lobes of her lungs causing the bronchitis and a possible ear infection.  So we went home with Albuterol, Nebulizer, and Ommicef.   Fun times!  Otherwise she's acting, eating, behaving as normal. 

I swear that my DS has allergies because he constantly gets a runny nose after he's been outside.  His nose has been off and on runny for the past 2 mos or so but he just barely developed this fever.  I will put a call into the pediatrician and take him in.

Thanks for the feedback.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't know, but Will has it too. He developed a fever yesterday (102*) and he started coughing a little this morning. Not a bad cough at all...probably not even something I'd notice if not for the fever. He's now between 103* and 104* without medicine. Haaaate them being sick!
  • Matt (the baby) has the SAME thing.  A low grade fever and a cough which is worse in the morning.  He acts fine.  I wasn't sure if I should take him in since the fever is fine with Tylenol and it's really only around 99.5 or 100.  But, it's been hanging around for about 2 days now.  Odd.
    Jacob David (01/07), Matthew Isaac (12/08) & Kasey Elise (9/10)
    WEB
  • image lrb:
    Matt (the baby) has the SAME thing.  A low grade fever and a cough which is worse in the morning.  He acts fine.  I wasn't sure if I should take him in since the fever is fine with Tylenol and it's really only around 99.5 or 100.  But, it's been hanging around for about 2 days now.  Odd.

I would call, especially since your pregnant (you really really don't want bronchitis, if that's what he has, and it's super contagious).  DH and DD both have had really  junky junky coughs for over a week now.  They feel fine aside from the horrible sounding cough.  DD has been on antibiotics since Friday and a nebulizer 1-3 times a day depending on her wheezing. 

At least make a call to see if it's visit or watch worthy. 

Spring=fun times for allergies, URI, bronchitis! 

• DS had strep a few days ago.  His pedi said it's been going around like crazy.
  • DS had it a couple weeks ago. We were worries because he has the fever two days after surgury. Got tested for everything under the sun but was determined to be "just a virus." his fever lasted about two days. He was pretty miserable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards