Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

What are the different types of sleep training?

I konw of ferber, and CIO, but are there any other types? 

What have you tried?  liked/not like?  Thanks

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
imageimage image
Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)

Re: What are the different types of sleep training?

• Options
    lkichlkich member

No cry.

We co-slept & tried to do the no cry, then did a version of Ferber and it worked so I guess I would say that one. Get the book from the library, even if you don't agree there's a lot of good info.

• Options

Okay, I'm not AT ALL familiar with what the "official" names are, but we have been working on this for the last few weeks and now we have no problems putting N down.

We basically just started a little routine at bedtime- N gets his pajamas on and then we climb into the rocker and I read him a story. We say prayers and then he goes down into the crib.

He's gotten very used to our routine and the nice part is that we can take it with us if we travel- just bring a book for a story and we're set.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We are reading about the no-cry solution now...someone also recommended the Baby Sleep Solution. good luck!!!

Katrina & David June 9, 2007

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

Big brother Luke
    Little brother Zachary
  • Options
    I believe there's also the EASY method. We were about to do Ferber or Extinction (pure CIO) when Mick learned to sleep in his crib by himself (as opposed to the swing). And now he's been sleeping for 10hrs a night. Big Smile

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Options
    No Cry Sleep Solution. Sleep Lady Shuffle
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options
    There's the EASY method that the baby whisperer mentions. They have a nighttime sleeping section where you pretty much put the baby in the crib, comfort him if he cries, repeat until baby falls asleep for the night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"