Infertility
Options

If You Had Cervix Difficulty During IUI

I had a couple IUIs that were really difficult - the RE had to use a teneculum to get my cervix to straighten out and it was really painful.  Other IUIs were a total breeze.

My RE did my mock transfer for IVF and it was fine, but should I be concerned about the difficulty with my cervix during some IUIs?  What would they do during an ER if that happened?

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
Lap 7/21/10
IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

Re: If You Had Cervix Difficulty During IUI

• Options

Mine is always to the side and back and hidden. IUI's are not fun and neither was the HSG. But from what the Dr's keep telling me, that is not a problem and they will use what they need to to gain access.

I'm not at the IVF stage, so I don't know how it applies there. But I would think they could use the teneculum again for that procedure - right? Or is it different?

And all I have to say is that I feel your pain! She tricked me this time so she wouldn't have to use the teneculum and made me lift my butt and then she went in for the IUI - it took my breath away.

OH! My SIL said they had issues with her cervix and they dialated her cervix - I'm not sure if this was at ER or ET.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Thank you IVF for our little miracles!!
  • Options

I am glad you asked this! I have a b*tchy cervix too and worry about what it will mean for IVF. Thanks for asking!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagek-mart:

Mine is always to the side and back and hidden. IUI's are not fun and neither was the HSG. But from what the Dr's keep telling me, that is not a problem and they will use what they need to to gain access.

I'm not at the IVF stage, so I don't know how it applies there. But I would think they could use the teneculum again for that procedure - right? Or is it different?

And all I have to say is that I feel your pain! She tricked me this time so she wouldn't have to use the teneculum and made me lift my butt and then she went in for the IUI - it took my breath away.

OH! My SIL said they had issues with her cervix and they dialated her cervix - I'm not sure if this was at ER or ET.

Interesting about your SIL...this happened during IVF for her and not IUI? 

I would think it's a common issue...

Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

• Options
    imagepatchen30:
    imagek-mart:

Interesting about your SIL...this happened during IVF for her and not IUI? 

I would think it's a common issue...

She only had one IUI - I think. And I'm pretty sure she had issues the whole time but this is the only fact that sticks out in my mind. I guess they dealt with it with some of her first IVF's but I think this is what they finally did with her last one - maybe it was just easier since they always had isses?? I'm just guessing here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Thank you IVF for our little miracles!!
  • Options
    My cervix points sharply to the right and I've had difficulty and pain during my IUIs. Aren't you put under anesthesia for the ER though?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJaGirl:
    My cervix points sharply to the right and I've had difficulty and pain during my IUIs. Aren't you put under anesthesia for the ER though?

Yes - I'm just wondering how they'd straighten it.  If they'd use the same tools, etc.

Lap 7/21/10

• Options
    I had one tough IUI where she couldn't get in, but hadn't thought about ramifications for IVF...
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"