Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Umbrella stroller with good canopy

Please recommend your umbrella stroller.  We will be going to San Diego in June and would like a lightweight stroller that will provide good shade for DD.  I use an Ergo, but would also like to take a stroller.  We have a little Graco for errands, but the canopy is not very good.  TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Umbrella stroller with good canopy

• We're trying to decide which umbrella stroller to buy right now too. The Joovy Kooper has a HUGE sunshade, but it's not a super light stroller, it's around 18lbs. I did see at Babies R Us an attachable sunshade, I'm not sure how great it would work though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • you can buy an attachment by summer or protect a bub that goes onto your umbrella stroller and gives them added protection as well as UV protection.  I have a chicco umbrella stroller which has a pretty good shade, but I live in south florida, and needed more.  I bought the attachment and there has been no problems.  We also sat at baseball games all week and she got no sunburn.
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerosesandpeonies:
    you can buy an attachment by summer or protect a bub that goes onto your umbrella stroller and gives them added protection as well as UV protection.? I have a chicco umbrella stroller which has a pretty good shade, but I live in south florida, and needed more.? I bought the attachment and there has been no problems.? We also sat at baseball games all week and she got no sunburn.

This! ?I got the Summer Infant one at BRU and it works great. ?Plus it will fit a variety of strollers (sorry not clicky, my computer is not cooperating).

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2302843

• imagerosesandpeonies:
    you can buy an attachment by summer or protect a bub that goes onto your umbrella stroller and gives them added protection as well as UV protection.  I have a chicco umbrella stroller which has a pretty good shade, but I live in south florida, and needed more.  I bought the attachment and there has been no problems.  We also sat at baseball games all week and she got no sunburn.

Thanks.  I'll look into the attachment sunshades.  I live in South Texas...so right there with you needing more sun protection.  We were not out in the sun a lot last year.  DD was born in late July and we didn't go out during August...too hot.

@staceyk- 18 lbs isn't too bad.  I think that is what my Graco weighs and I can get it in and out of the car.  But, I understand that it is not really "lightweight"!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"