This is what I am going to say to the unsuspecting person on the other end of the phone when I call my doctor's billing department on Monday.
On Thursday, we received a "final notice" for IF-related bloodwork that I had done back in October. I called in advance and found out it was fully covered. Someone in the billing department submitted it under the wrong code, and we have been getting billed for 160.00 since then. We have made numerous phone calls to both the doctor's office and insurance, and each time we are told that they will handle it and resubmit it. When DH called yesterday, we found out that it has never once been resubmitted. I sent a strongly worded letter today including the words "harass" and "attorney", and told them they have 5 business days to get it resolved.
So I go out and get the mail today, and I have a statement of benefits from my insurance. Neither my IUI nor DH's sperm wash was covered at all, even though we called in advance and were told that it was fully covered. It says we owe almost $400. My guess is that once again, something was submitted with the wrong coding. I'm very concerned about this one, because I'm due for my next IUI this week. I'm afraid they won't perform it because I'll have an outstanding balance.
OK, vent over. Thanks for reading (if you made it all the way through). Just had to get it off my chest.