Infertility

pregnyl vs ovidrel

anyone know the difference?  All my meds are the same for this IVF except i'm going to be using a pregnyl trigger instead of the ovidrel.

I'm going to ask the nurse, but I won't see her for awhile and the curiosity is killing me!   (of course there is part of me that is super happy that SOMETHING is different.  So know I can get my hopes up thinking that this might actually work)

image image image
Expectation is the root of all heartache ~William Shakespeare

TTC since 1/08-- 2 IVF's (11/09 and 4/10)- total of 10 fert but no embryos for transfer :(

Forced break after abdominal myomectomy

Spring 2011 - IVF #3 - nothing for transfer

Fall/Winter 2011 - IVF #4 - one lost twin between 7-9 weeks
one beautiful little girl born 8/2012

Re: pregnyl vs ovidrel

• Hi! My RE uses a Pregnyl trigger as well. I used it with my last iui and will use it for my next cycle. It is the natural form of HCG, where Ovidrel is man-made. I got mine for $55 so I think cost-wise they are the same. Good Luck!
    DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • When I consulted with CCRM, Dr. M said she prefers pregnyl to ovidrel.  I think it matures eggs better than ovidrel does.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • gidgegidge
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers Combo Breaker
    Thanks :)  I'll be curious to hear what the nurse has to say.  I know of 2 others who did IVF with my clinic and they both used the ovidrel trigger (one of them on all 3 of her IVF's).  So I'm curious what about our situation made them decide to change it up for us.
    image image image
    Expectation is the root of all heartache ~William Shakespeare

TTC since 1/08-- 2 IVF's (11/09 and 4/10)- total of 10 fert but no embryos for transfer :(

Forced break after abdominal myomectomy

Spring 2011 - IVF #3 - nothing for transfer

Fall/Winter 2011 - IVF #4 - one lost twin between 7-9 weeks
    one beautiful little girl born 8/2012