2nd Trimester

Maybe I'm just grumpy but I find posters who say...

"Wow you haven't been here long" or "Ok, whatever, Newbie" or the whole "This isn't a puppy dogs and rainbows board" just as annoying as the people who say "The bump is supposed to be for support". Seriously, everytime someone asks a supposedly stupid question these remarks are said. They're getting old. Anyway. Vent over, flame away.Big Smile

Re: Maybe I'm just grumpy but I find posters who say...

• LCB34LCB34 member

But when those stupid comments are made primarily by people with little bump experience, you have to make the correlation.

And, I am willing to bet, that all of us who made the "you haven't been around for a while" comments got flamed when we were newbs for one reason or another.  However, instead of trying to change something we knew little about, we put our big girl panties on and figured out how things around these parts work.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with you....some people are just not compassionate and ignorant, but usually most people on here are pretty nice I think.
  • imageLCB34:

But when those stupid comments are made primarily by people with little bump experience, you have to make the correlation.

And, I am willing to bet, that all of us who made the "you haven't been around for a while" comments got flamed when we were newbs for one reason or another.  However, instead of trying to change something we knew little about, we put our big girl panties on and figured out how things around these parts work.

And there's another one that annoys me "The big girl panties"!

I see your point, (I got flamed too and figured out pretty fast how the bump worked), but it gets pulled out pretty quickly, even if someone just offers a "nice opinion" in comparison to all the snarky ones. Besides, I don't see how "being here long" is so important. Is it like some club or something?

• imageMrserinJ:
    "Wow you haven't been here long" or "Ok, whatever, Newbie" or the whole "This isn't a puppy dogs and rainbows board" just as annoying as the people who say "The bump is supposed to be for support". Seriously, everytime someone asks a supposedly stupid question these remarks are said. They're getting old. Anyway. Vent over, flame away.Big Smile

Ditto. I wish someone would come up with something to replace "puppies and rainbows" at least. 

• imageSoon_2B_MrsM:
    I agree with you....some people are just not compassionate and ignorant, but usually most people on here are pretty nice I think.

Totally. I think most people are pretty good. There are definitely some stupid questions on here, but I'd rather spend my time reading through a post that interests me, than typing out a snarky comment. I tend to just not comment at all if I'm not interested. KWIM?

• imageLCB34:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

• My point was that a little lurking goes a long way in learning the nature of the boards.

This board is so tame compared to just a few months ago. You would have been eaten alive for touting a puppies and rainbows attitude. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well to me, in the world of pregnant women, we all have our own opinions and think were right about everything. Just dont take anything to heart. I think we have all said something on here that someone else didnt agree with.
  • imageMrserinJ:
    imageLCB34:

I see your point, (I got flamed too and figured out pretty fast how the bump worked), but it gets pulled out pretty quickly, even if someone just offers a "nice opinion" in comparison to all the snarky ones. Besides, I don't see how "being here long" is so important. Is it like some club or something?

Apparently it is for some of them. I miss all the girls that moved onto 3rd tri already!

• Agreed. It kills me that some of these people get so high and mighty about having 50 trillion posts. Its absurd. And it always seems to be the same ones over and over. Its actually worse than little high school b*itches because we're all supposed to be grown a$$ women.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageViolet_McPurpleson:

My point was that a little lurking goes a long way in learning the nature of the boards.

This board is so tame compared to just a few months ago. You would have been eaten alive for touting a puppies and rainbows attitude. 

This is all true.  Completely agree.

• Haven't heard the puppies and rainbows comment... But I love puppies and I love rainbows! Yay for puppies and rainbows!  Big Smile
  • imagejoeandamandasbaby:
    Haven't heard the puppies and rainbows comment... But I love puppies and I love rainbows! Yay for puppies and rainbows!  Big Smile

Yes

• imageMrserinJ:
    imageLCB34:

i agree. i was a puppies and rainbows poster when i was on first tri, and it still bugs me to see how cliquish people are. it would bother me less if there were some guidelines somewhere... the fact that the reactions are still so all over the place shows that lurking and "figuring it out" just doesn't cut it. it's hazing to a certain degree. 

• imagelrachelle80:

I *completely* agree with you.

I also get irritated when people say this isn't a place for support and ask where it says that it is. Where does it say that it isn't? You might have one opinion of what the board is for and others might have a differing option. It doesn't automatically mean that you're right and they're wrong. We should be able to all get along, the snarky and the snarkless, the supportive and the unsupportive, the middle of the roaders, etc.

It also doesn't say it isn't, which is exactly why I said we often do support each other.  No one writes the "rules" for what the board is.  Some bumpies get the idea that it is only for support and my point is that is not what a message board is--it is for discussion where people agree and disagree.  If it were truly for support only and everyone had to be nice to each other, it would be called a "Support Board."  You will have different personalities on a board.  Does every woman get along in real-life?  No.  It's the same on a message board.  People should be able to say what they want to say and if someone else doesn't like it, there's a block function.  I really don't see where people weren't getting along in those posts as you say we all should be able to.  People commented and that's it.  Done and over with.

• imageMrserinJ:
    imageLCB34:

Totally. This one's got to go.

• imagejoeandamandasbaby:
    Haven't heard the puppies and rainbows comment... But I love puppies and I love rainbows! Yay for puppies and rainbows!  Big Smile

LOL. Check out 1st tri. It used to be said  numerous times, daily! Maybe that's where I got so jaded. :)

• imageLCB34:

YesYes

BFP #1 4/2/09 EDD 12/6/09 -MC 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 EDD 2/14/10 -Ectopic in Tube, Surgery 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/15/09 EDD 6/27/10 -Daniel John 6/21/10 BFP #4 Oct 2010 Chemical Pregnancy BFP #5 8/19/11 Beta #1 82.8 Prog 17.25
  • imageViolet_McPurpleson:

My point was that a little lurking goes a long way in learning the nature of the boards.

Meh. I don't think everyone should conform to the "nature of the boards". It gets boring if you do. I like when people have their own opinions about things. I do think that someone has the same right to ask a stupid question on here as someone else does to flame them about it. Its not the flaming, its the fact that people jump to make these comments about being "Newbies" or "puppies and rainbows" that's irritating. Someone says it and then they wait for others to applaud them, like it makes them "cool" or something on the internet message board.

As far as it being tame compared to a few months ago, who cares? First tri used to love to jump on people all the time (don't know if its still like that) and I still found it just as annoying.

• I have seen today the dark side of the knot and I agree. I thought this was a place for support. I wish people would remember if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

I understand that all of us have hormones all over the place. But come on,  people should think before they speak because they might be hurting someone else's feeling.  

• And it drives me insane when people create an entire thread dedicated to complaining about the things they don't like about a message board they choose to be a part of.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrs. Beeson:

I have seen today the dark side of the knot and I agree. I thought this was a place for support. I wish people would remember if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

I understand that all of us have hormones all over the place. But come on,  people should think before they speak because they might be hurting someone else's feeling.  

I don't know that its a place for support, but I wouldn't say it ISN'T a place for support either. People can use it however they want. They shouldn't get jumped on for coming here for support, just the same as someone who wants to be snarky can use it for that. I wouldn't attribute it all to hormones either, some people just get off on the "mob mentality" or are just having a b*tchy day.

• I don't ever give anyone the puppies and rainbows lecture, and I think I've actually gotten involved in a flame post exactly twice (I'm pretty laidback), but am I a biatch for enjoying the general snarkiness of The Bump?  ::looks around guiltily::

J15 Dec Siggy Challenge: Awkward Christmas Photos

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Fur Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• I think it can go either way. Some people ask innocent questions and I give them honest, helpful answers. Sometimes people present themselves like they know it all.. or just come off as ignorant and thoughtless... those people tend to get the flames. And I never make P&R comments unless someone first pulls out the "thats not what these boards are for" crap!
    Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • imageBelhurstBride:
    And it drives me insane when people create an entire thread dedicated to complaining about the things they don't like about a message board they choose to be a part of.

me too. 

• imageMrserinJ:
    imageMrs. Beeson:

I have seen today the dark side of the knot and I agree. I thought this was a place for support. I wish people would remember if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

I don't know that its a place for support, but I wouldn't say it ISN'T a place for support either. People can use it however they want. They shouldn't get jumped on for coming here for support, just the same as someone who wants to be snarky can use it for that. I wouldn't attribute it all to hormones either, some people just get off on the "mob mentality" or are just having a b*tchy day.

My point exactly...oh well, I tried.

• this is my first week in 2nd trimester boards and now i'm a little scared to post! we've got ourselves some mean girls? i'll keep an eye out Smile
  • imageBelhurstBride:
    And it drives me insane when people create an entire thread dedicated to complaining about the things they don't like about a message board they choose to be a part of.

Then why are you participating in it? No one forced you to be part of it. Sounds to me like you're doing the very thing you hate by responding.

• imagelrachelle80:
    imageshortms620:
    imagelrachelle80:

I *completely* agree with you.

I also get irritated when people say this isn't a place for support and ask where it says that it is. Where does it say that it isn't? You might have one opinion of what the board is for and others might have a differing option. It doesn't automatically mean that you're right and they're wrong. We should be able to all get along, the snarky and the snarkless, the supportive and the unsupportive, the middle of the roaders, etc.

It also doesn't say it isn't, which is exactly why I said we often do support each other.  No one writes the "rules" for what the board is.  Some bumpies get the idea that it is only for support and my point is that is not what a message board is--it is for discussion where people agree and disagree.  If it were truly for support only and everyone had to be nice to each other, it would be called a "Support Board."  You will have different personalities on a board.  Does every woman get along in real-life?  No.  It's the same on a message board.  People should be able to say what they want to say and if someone else doesn't like it, there's a block function.  I really don't see where people weren't getting along in those posts as you say we all should be able to.  People commented and that's it.  Done and over with.

No, you're right - I wasn't clear. I have seen some posts where people have specifically said this isn't a place for support - and my point is that it can easily be BOTH.  I didn't say that very well in my post. 

Gotcha.  I was confused.  I feel it should be for both as well.  It would be pretty boring if everyone was always nice or always snarky. 

• imageMrserinJ:
    imageViolet_McPurpleson:

Meh. I don't think everyone should conform to the "nature of the boards". It gets boring if you do. I like when people have their own opinions about things. I do think that someone has the same right to ask a stupid question on here as someone else does to flame them about it. Its not the flaming, its the fact that people jump to make these comments about being "Newbies" or "puppies and rainbows" that's irritating. Someone says it and then they wait for others to applaud them, like it makes them "cool" or something on the internet message board.

As far as it being tame compared to a few months ago, who cares? First tri used to love to jump on people all the time (don't know if its still like that) and I still found it just as annoying.

Couldn't agree with this more.

• imageopheliacantswim:

I don't ever give anyone the puppies and rainbows lecture, and I think I've actually gotten involved in a flame post exactly twice (I'm pretty laidback), but am I a biatch for enjoying the general snarkiness of The Bump?  ::looks around guiltily::

I'm with you on everything you just said.  It's nice to have some good legitimate questions answered, but it would be no fun if all day long all we read is "can I eat this and I can eat that" (I'm making fun of my own "should I eat my warm yogurt post btw)... :)

• imagegirlintheworld:

imageMrserinJ:

Ditto. I wish someone would come up with something to replace "puppies and rainbows" at least. 

yes!!!! I said this a couple months ago. I believe my suggestion was kittens and gumdrops...LOL.  And I agree w/ OP!! Cliches are annoying no matter which side their on!  It can be a big cliche fest. "I thought this was a place for support" "Put your big girl panties on" and so on........... I love debate but  lets be creative and original-ish!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedelg23:
    imagegirlintheworld:

imageMrserinJ:

yes!!!! I said this a couple months ago. I believe my suggestion was kittens and gumdrops...LOL.  And I agree w/ OP!! Cliches are annoying no matter which side their on!  It can be a big cliche fest. "I thought this was a place for support" "Put your big girl panties on" and so on........... I love debate but  lets be creative and original-ish!!

exactly! whenever i see those comments i think of them like code words declaring which team you're on. i'd rather have a big, crazy board and the people who try to run folks off for being new seem like they're just culling the herd. picking sides is boring.

• agreed... i feel like a good number of women on here are just miserable and the only way they vent is by posting.  sometimes i read replies on posts to myself i say wow! how rude, how mean.. 

a female on here and can post something as innocent as how do you like this name.  if its not my style i say its not my style or something along those line..  but some ladies wanna say, "I HATE THAT NAME" or "HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO YOUR CHILD?"  to me, it's like come on, all that is just not necessary..

• imageMrserinJ:

imageBelhurstBride:

Then why are you participating in it? No one forced you to be part of it. Sounds to me like you're doing the very thing you hate by responding.

Yes

• imagejlslaugh:
    Agreed. It kills me that some of these people get so high and mighty about having 50 trillion posts. Its absurd. And it always seems to be the same ones over and over. Its actually worse than little high school b*itches because we're all supposed to be grown a$$ women.

This

• I agree with a lot of the PP.  Some women just get enjoyment out of being rude to others. I know that text can leave out emotion, so sometimes it can be construed as mean when it wouldn't sound mean in person.  But I've gotten snarky comments from women on simple subjects that didn't need to go there.  It was like the woman was trying to make me feel stupid, but rather she made herself look like a jacka$$!  And I definitely notice a pattern with some people constantly being negative, snarky and childish.
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi Mrserin,

This is a good post, but you know that those ppl that say things like that (Newbie, blah, blah, blah, etc) are going to be the same ppl that tell others in their lives "Oh, you just wait" when they have children and other annoying sh!t like that. When you see those things, look at who writes them and then ignore their posts, otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts.

• imagemexicolombiana:
    imageopheliacantswim:

I don't ever give anyone the puppies and rainbows lecture, and I think I've actually gotten involved in a flame post exactly twice (I'm pretty laidback), but am I a biatch for enjoying the general snarkiness of The Bump?  ::looks around guiltily::

I'm with you on everything you just said.  It's nice to have some good legitimate questions answered, but it would be no fun if all day long all we read is "can I eat this and I can eat that" (I'm making fun of my own "should I eat my warm yogurt post btw)... :)

Yes, this is me, too.  I never really contribute to the snarkiness but lord knows it gets me through the day!

The "newbie" stuff bothers me a little simply because I post so infrequently I doubt I'll ever hit Bronze, yet I've been lurking on the Knot/Nest/Bump since 2006.  I'm kind of sick of seeing the Newbie flag by my name!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"