Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

New to charting, using BBT

Hey everyone, 

I just started charting earlier this month and I've been taking my bbt for almost three weeks now.  The only pattern I'm seeing is that my temps are higher on saturdays and sundays and then they go back down during the week! I think that I understand the concept pretty well, and I know I should be trying to take the temp at the same time every day, but I am not getting up at 5:45 on a weekend!  Has anyone else experienced this?  Does it have to do with waking up to an alarm? argh, I am starting to get frustrated with it, and I just thought I would ask to see if anyone has any experience with it

Thanks in advance for all your help!!! 

Re: New to charting, using BBT

• Options

The time that you take your temperature can affect temps. It is advised that you temp at the same time everyday. I usually set my alarm for the same time everyday and then go back to sleep.

Welcome and good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You have to test at the same time everyday.  I'm guessing that your temp is higher on Saturday & Sunday because you're waking up much later.  Your temp rises with each hour that passes, so you're not going to get an accurate chart unless you take your temp at the same time, even on the weekends.  HTH!
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know it sucks on the weekend but I have to take mine at 6:00 and then go back to sleep.  The reason why DH is ready to throw the BBT out the window.  However remember you are looking at the larger shift picture.  Not a day to day or week to week shift. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Your temps are higher on those days because they are taken at a later time.  If you want an accurate chart, you have to set your alarm on the weekends for 5:45. You'll get used to falling right back asleep after.
  • Options

You have to take it at the same time everyday! 

The longer you goes past your normal time the higher the temp will be.  (Generally.)  You have to set an alarm on the weekends and then just go back to sleep.  You will get used to it.

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options

imagemchupie:
    You have to test at the same time everyday.  I'm guessing that your temp is higher on Saturday & Sunday because you're waking up much later.  Your temp rises with each hour that passes, so you're not going to get an accurate chart unless you take your temp at the same time, even on the weekends.  HTH!

This!! Hope it all works out!! 

• Options
    argh I was hoping you wouldn't say this!!  I appreciate all the help, I'll have to try to do it at the same time on the weekends :) hopefully this works next time!  
  • Options

imageloestreich:
    argh I was hoping you wouldn't say this!!  I appreciate all the help, I'll have to try to do it at the same time on the weekends :) hopefully this works next time!  

If it makes you feel any better I have to get up at 4:30 for work during the week.... so I gotta get up SUPER early on the weekends. Though I do think it's like all the PP posters have said-- you'll get used to it

• Options
    Yep you definitely get used to it...I'm always half asleep when I take my temp but I log it in my phone and go right back to bed!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"