1st Trimester
Options

US question....measuring a couple of days behind

Anyone have experience with this?  I went to have an ultrasound at 7 weeks...was having strange cramping on one side and wanted to rule out a tubal pregnancy.  Anyways, the baby was measuring 6w4d...we heard a heart beat through the ultrasound and it was 129bpm.  I have kind been stressing about it measuring a few days behind when I know which day i ovulated.  Anyone have experience with this? Is it ok to not be measuring exactly on track at this point?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: US question....measuring a couple of days behind

• Options
    Yeah, try to relax. Ultrasounds can be off either way by up to five days - like pp said, it's not like you're lagging behind by weeks or anything.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    I went in at 8wks, know when I o'd since I charted and everything.  I was measuring at 7wks 5days.  Just means that I implanted two days later.  No worries.  I bet you did the same thing.  The o date will be the same but you could have implanted a few days later.  If dr is not concerned don't worry.  There was a h/b so enjoy everything right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekdodge423:

Good God, it's fine. Unless you were measuring several weeks behind, there is nothing to be concerned about.

Was your doctor worried- I would bet not. That is who you should be taken cues from as to what is a concern and what is not.

I found this really rude.  But... anyways.  No, it's fine.  The same happened to me and now I'm 12 weeks and everything is fine :) Don't worry to much.  Good luck to you and your LO.

• Options
    A few days is definitely no big deal.  With DS I measured a full week behind (even though I charted and knew exactly when I ovulated) and everything was fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We were measuring at 6w4d on Wednesday. The following Monday(5 days later), we were measuring at 6w6d(gestational sac was measuring 7w).  No worries. Both times, we had a good, strong heartbeat.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your help!
  • Options
    the day of implantation can vary which could make it a few days behind. i wouldn't worry... better said than done i know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

When I went for my first ultrasound I was supposed to be 8 weeks exactly, but the baby was measuring at 6w3d.  We heard the heartbeat and my doctor just said that I ovulated later than I thought (was not charting).  She didn't seem concerned at all, and is just having me come back for another ultrasound (yey!!!) at 8 weeks (again) to make sure everything is growing on target. 

• Options
    I know how you feel. When James was 6 weeks, he was measuring 5 days behind. Now he is measuring 2-3 days ahead at my 19 week u/s. At your stage of pregnancy a margin of error of one week is completely normal. Try not to worry!
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kg_08kg_08 member
    I measured 4 days behind at my ultrasound. Even if you know the exact day you ovulated, sometimes it takes a little longer to implant so it's completely normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"