2nd Trimester

80% What's up with that?

Okay so I was told at my last Ultrasound that there's an 80% chance I'm having a girl, but what the heck does that mean? Do I register for the Pink stuff or not? I understand that there are gender neutral things out there, but not everything has that option, besides, there are really cute things out there that I want, Do I get them or not? I've got half my family telling me to go for it 80% is 80% and if the baby comes out with extra equipment we'll worry about it then. Then I have the other half telling me to wait until my next ultrasound; first off I'm not sure how many more ultrasounds I get or when I get them, and I'm 26 weeks along, and feel useless not planning and setting things up. Anyone know what I'm talking about or have any advice to give me?

Re: 80% What's up with that?

• 80% wouldn't be high enough for me to invest in pink stuff... if you don't get another ultrasound by the doctor, I'd pay for a 3D one.
  • 80%..

ETA...just saw 26w...that's low. I'd go for the 3D if you truly want to know.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We were told 98% chance of a boy, but I'm going back in a month before we buy any big ticket items that may be gender specific.  I'd do the 3D gender guarantee before I buy anything.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby baby
  • Dr thinks our LO is a boy (didn't give us a percentage).. but said not to "paint the nursery blue yet". Booo!

It makes it hard because I wanted to start my registry/nursery. Some gender neutral things are cute.. but I want a mix of gender specific stuff too. I just don't want to start it, then have to re-do it if the Dr was wrong. I have another u/s in 3 1/2 weeks. I guess I just have to wait until then. But you're farther along than me.. So I'd try to find out when your next u/s is.. or go to a 3D. Good Luck! :)
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • You wouldn't necessarily have to get a 3D ultrasound unless you wanted one....the same clinics that do 3D/4D ultrasounds also do gender ultrasounds. They're just plain 2D one, but they're a lot cheaper than 3D/4D one!!
  • My u/s tech gave us an 80% at 22 weeks. But when I went to my doctors appt, my doc said its definitely a girl. And the u/s tech circled "F" on the the papers. So I asked "are you sure because the u/s tech only said 80%" and she's like I can see in the pics it's a girl. So maybe ask your doctor?
  • Our doc told us she's "pretty sure" it's a girl at our 23 week appointment, so we're assuming that it is.  We won't be buying anything pink until she confirms it again though!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"