Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Blue Striped Baseball Themed Nursery! Lots of PIPs and DIY!

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 I mostly lurk on this message board, but I?ve gotten so much inspiration from everyone else, so I couldn?t wait to share our little boy?s nursery! I have poured everything I have into all of the small details of this room and couldn?t be more happy with the way it turned out.  I wanted to combine my husband?s love of baseball into an adorable room that will hopefully grow with our little one.  I tried not to make it overly theme-y. so I went with blue stripes for the walls and bedding and brought in the baseball details through the other d?cor.  Thanks for looking!

View from the door of the built-in shelves and window seat that my dad made for us.

First set of shelves. The baskets (from Target) gave the shelves the storage and look we were going for.

DIY frame, baseball piggy bank and stuffed animal, and close-up of our baskets full of toys

Close-up of some of the shelves, which includes my husband?s college baseball hat, his favorite baseball glove and baseballs, replica of the Indians stadium, DIY frames and one of my favorite maternity pictures.

Second set of shelves

More DIY frames, artwork from Etsy and another maternity picture.

Crib from JCPenny, bedding from Pottery Barn Kids, baseball rug from Target, DIY letters, and we will eventually be hanging our LO?s name in striped and polka dot letters above the crib (which is still TBD!)

Pillow, lamp and artwork from target. Glider from BRU. End table from Walmart.

View from the other side of the room.

Adorable baseball sign from Etsy.

My favorite piece of artwork in the room (from KidsDecor.com), personalized with our last name and my husband?s baseball number.

Changing table side of the room.

Husband?s framed Jr. Olympic jersey (soon to be replaced with an OU jersey) and hamper from Home Goods.

Changing table from JCP, and a collage I made of my husband?s sports pictures and newspaper articles while growing up.

Diaper stacker from TJMaxx

DIY Door Hanger

Little slugger sign from Etsy hanging on the wall as you go in the room.

Re: Blue Striped Baseball Themed Nursery! Lots of PIPs and DIY!

• Options
    SO CUTE!!  Great job!!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Love it! I just posted something earlier about wanting to see baseball rooms!

What is that baseball shaped book thing on the shelf? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Super Cute!!  I love the frames and the signs.  You have inspired me to do some more DIY projects. 
    Missing our Little Pumpkin BFP 2-19-09, MC 3-1-09 Mommy and Daddy miss you and love you so very much! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Really, really cute! We are going with a golf theme and I haven't gotten past the bedding but now I'm inspired! image
  • Options

I am INCREDIBLY JEALOUS of your built ins -- they are gorgeous!

And the room looks soo cute -- its ready for your lil slugger :) 

• Options
    I love your nursery!!  Such a great idea!
  • Options

Great baseball themed room.  Love it.

PS - I went to the same college as your husband!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I'm glad I was able to inspire of a few of you. I swear the bedding was the hardest decision I had to make because it determined all of the rest of the colors we pulled into the room. 

As for the baseball shaped book- I'm very fortunate to have a FIL who collects all sorts of sports memorabilia, so we were able to ransack his basement to help fill our shelves. Sorry I can't be of more help!

And Kelly1109 - Go Bobcats! We will be cheering them on tonight for the March Madness game! My husband has struck a deal with our LO that he can come anytime after the game is over haha!

• Options
    I feel like such a slacker now! This room should be in a magazine! :-) And I too am very jealous of your goregous builtins (and the huge room in general :-) ). Great job!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    This is adorable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Super cute job!  We're doing a Chicago Cubs theme and we have the same bedding.  I'm like you - I didn't want it to scream baseball, but instead add cute baseball accessories.
  • Options
    Do you know what colors you used for your paint colors?  My husband found your room online, through a Google search and is so excited to do our baby boy's room just like this!  Thank you for the inspiration too.  Love it!
  • Options

Beautiful nursery!

Is that OU as in Ohio University? I thought I saw a pawprint in the collage....GO BOBCATS!

ETA: I hate it when I reply to a post and then realize that it's from months and months ago....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"