Health & Exercise

Third Trimester Exercise

Does anyone else out there have baby just laying on your bladder when working out?  My baby just lays right against my belly button- it gets quite tight when working out!

Is this so that it does not get overheated?  This is EVERY time, and it's not too uncomfortable, just interesting.  This is my first and I am 29 weeks.

Re: Third Trimester Exercise

• I hardly notice her when I workout.  Spin got to be a little much because I felt like I kept kneeing my belly, but other than that its been ok
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • I'm very new to the 3rd tri so this might not be helpful, but I have had no changes in my work outs (mostly running).  In fact, I hardly even notice my belly or the baby once I get going. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had the same experience. Almost makes my bladder feel weak.
  • You can try getting a pregnancy support band. It helps with keeping the baby lifted a little off of your bladder.  LO has dropped now and it doesn't really help much any more though.
  • I'm constantly running to the bathroom during my workouts, not only bc of the extra water you need but bc baby is right on my bladder. I usually feel a few rolls and kicks at the start but she's mostly quiet. When I do ab work she likes to get right under my rib so I can't roll up. I would just move onto something else. My belly would get really hard too while changing position. My trainer just said it's because she's moving around with me because of gravity. Just be sure to BREATHE and stop if the tightness hurts or gets worst. Keep up the exercise, you'll be glad you did later. Good Luck!
  • Yeah, she's always bouncing on my bladder during workouts. I just ignore it and wear a pantyliner for protection Stick out tongue The joys of having a treadmill at home!
  • I didn't notice her when I was running in third tri. She usually was asleep during my runs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"