Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Moby First Try=Fail (pip)

I am going to keep trying. I know I didn't get it exactly right since it was my first time wrapping it. I think he'll like it when he can hold his head up better and look out. He's not a huge fan of swaddling or having something over his head, which leaves out most of the newborn holds lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moby First Try=Fail (pip)

• I do the hug hold and leave his head out, just support it with my hand while he is awake. Eventually he goes to sleep and I tuck his head in. You might try that.
  • lol...Katie is the same way.  I've only had two successful Moby moments and that was because she slept through the experience.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGreekyPie:
    I do the hug hold and leave his head out, just support it with my hand while he is awake. Eventually he goes to sleep and I tuck his head in. You might try that.

Yeah, I was thinking of trying that one, but it looks like it's hard to do alone-the newborn one at least. Unless you meant the regular hug hold?

• I also do the hug hold.  I can't ever seem to get it wrapped right two times in a row.  Sometimes it's too loose, other times it's too tight, but it always helps to calm DD.
  • Have you looked at videos on You Tube? They seem to help me.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• It took me many tries to do that hold!

We usually just do the hug hold, because she hates her body feeling confined in the newborn hold, and she prefers to be upright.?

• I heard on the news yesterday to be careful with the slings and wraps because of suffocation.  I am not sure if you have heard it or not.  Just wanted to let you know.
  • I also do the hug hold with DS. His head control is pretty good now so I can pretty much trust him to support himself 90% of the time, but I keep a close eye just in case. The tightness of the wrap calms him quickly though.

Also, when he starts to stretch his legs a bit I know he's not a fan of having his legs "froggied" so I tend to let them out sometimes as well.

It definitely takes some getting used to, but it's a lifesaver.

• imageBhobbsdz:
    I heard on the news yesterday to be careful with the slings and wraps because of suffocation.  I am not sure if you have heard it or not.  Just wanted to let you know.

Not wraps and only a very specific type of sling.

The hug hold is great  :)

• I can never get the freaking thing tied right Sad

I finally gave up and ordered a BabyHawk today.  I'm hoping that goes better because I really would like to be able to vacuum my house or do laundry.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I gave up on the cradle.  She looked way to smashed.  I do the hug hold and just watch her head while shes awake.
  • imageAlex17:

Thanks! That was helpful. Much easier than the package/website directions...

• imageOhioBobcat:

I also do the hug hold with DS. His head control is pretty good now so I can pretty much trust him to support himself 90% of the time, but I keep a close eye just in case. The tightness of the wrap calms him quickly though.

Also, when he starts to stretch his legs a bit I know he's not a fan of having his legs "froggied" so I tend to let them out sometimes as well.

It definitely takes some getting used to, but it's a lifesaver.

Yeah the few minutes I had him in it before he melted down were really nice. He felt secure (to me) and I know if he got used to it that I'd be able to do a lot of stuff around the house!

• imagecait0324:

I am going to keep trying. I know I didn't get it exactly right since it was my first time wrapping it. I think he'll like it when he can hold his head up better and look out. He's not a huge fan of swaddling or having something over his head, which leaves out most of the newborn holds lol.

Not that this has anything to do with your post but I LOVE the picture in your siggy.  The whale tub is great!

• imageehicks:

It took me many tries to do that hold!

We usually just do the hug hold, because she hates her body feeling confined in the newborn hold, and she prefers to be upright. 

Yeah, I'm definitely going to try the hug hold tomorrow. He prefers to be upright as well. Unless he's sleeping or nursing he wants to be "sitting up."

• imagemommamoni:
    imagecait0324:

Not that this has anything to do with your post but I LOVE the picture in your siggy.  The whale tub is great!

Thanks! I love the whale tub too-he's finally starting to really like bath time and it's so cute :) I didn't get a shower yesterday, but he got a bath!

• imagejenn&Dave2005:
    I gave up on the cradle.  She looked way to smashed.  I do the hug hold and just watch her head while shes awake.

He did look pretty smashed-I thought it was just b/c I was inexperienced. Probably he would have been more comfortable if I'd gotten this when he was brand new and much tinier.

• imagecait0324:

imageGreekyPie:
    I do the hug hold and leave his head out, just support it with my hand while he is awake. Eventually he goes to sleep and I tuck his head in. You might try that.

Yeah, I was thinking of trying that one, but it looks like it's hard to do alone-the newborn one at least. Unless you meant the regular hug hold?

I do it all the time (the newborn one). In fact it is the only one that works for us! 

• imageGreekyPie:

I do that too. When I first got the Moby DD kept wiggling her head out of the cradle (I think that's what it is) so I gave up on that hold.

• So far DD seems to like the cradle hold best, but she also likes being a bit smooshed LOL I think being somewhat confined in a tight space makes her feel more secure. She also loves being swaddled very tightly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"