We just got home after spending a few days in the hospital. LO has RSV. I went for my 6 week PP check up and since LOs doctor is my doctor too I called and asked if they would see him because he had a bad cough and they said yes. My doctor diagnosed him with broncialitus(sp?) wrote us a perscription for Amoxicillan pointed out that his breathing is labored and if it got worse to go to the ER and sent us on our way.
An hour and a half later I was rushing into the ER. LO wouldn't open his eyes and I could definantly tell he was having a hard time breathing by then. They took him back and checked his oxygen level it was 78.
They rushed him to a room and imediatly put him on oxygen. They took a sample of everything you could think or including spinal fluid, diagnosed him with RSV, and sent us upstairs to the childrens hospital where I spent the worst 24 hours of my life holding LO while he screamed, hacked, ate, and vomited for and entire 24 hours.
He can eat and breath now. That's really all I can say. He's definantly starting to perk up. We are still waiting on our culture results which we will get back tomorrow which will tell us if he has any other infections. My doctor wants to see LO tomorrow which screas me since we just left the hospital. I'm really hoping RSV is all he has and he can get better soon.
** I feel really stupid for not knowing this being a second time mom, but mommas if your LO has a cough before 4 months it's usually something very serious and they should be seen by a doctor immediatly!