Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What do you think about boys in christening gowns?

I REALLY  REALLY want my wedding dreass made into a christening gown.  DH isn't sold on the 'gown' part.  I think it would be OK if it's made to not look too girlie. 

Do you thinking putting a baby boy in a 'gown' is a stretch?  Should I side with DH and do a romper?

Re: What do you think about boys in christening gowns?

• personally, I like rompers for little boys - but I've seen baby boys in gowns that were really really sweet.

As long as it's not shiny or lacey I think you'd be just fine with a gown.

• I think it was fine and if I had a boy he would be in a gown.  Boys not being in gowns seems to me to be a more recent thing.  My cousions who are now teens all wore gowns.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are plannin on putting DS in a traditional christening gown.  DH was baptized in it too so he is ok w/it.  I"m a little unsure about the idea but don't really see the point of buying something else just to be more masculine. 

sorry 1ht

• image snicksnack:

I think it was fine and if I had a boy he would be in a gown.  Boys not being in gowns seems to me to be a more recent thing.  My cousions who are now teens all wore gowns.

This. My DS would have been in a gown except our church was being renovated and I wanted to wait for it to be done to have him baptised so he was baptised at 6 months old.

• My DS will be wearing the same christening gown that his sister, all cousins (2 boys and 2 girls), dad, uncles, grandma and great aunts and uncle and great grandfather wore.  My DH's great grandma made a gown that their whole family has used. Its beautiful, and my DH is completely fine with it, probably because it's an heirloom, but even if it was brand new I don't think he'd care because it's what you wear in that situation.

A funny story..during my nephew's baptism he was really fussy and crying and my MIL leaned over and said to us it was because he was wearing a dress LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• What exactly does he think this is going to do to his son?

I think it's silly to get up in arms over a boy in a christening gown for an hour or so.

Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
  • My little boy wore a cute little tuxedo for his blessing at church. I'm not sure if you have certain dress codes, but those tuxedos are super cute on little guys!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP on 10/14/13 EDD June 19, 14' - Natural m/c on 10/18/13 at 5 weeks 1 day. We miss you Angel baby Peyton

• My DS was just baptised in the gown that my husand and his two sisters wore. It was lacy and girly, but we went with tradition. I will turn my wedding dress into a christening gown for my future children. I would like each of my children to have their own gown so they can keep it for their children and such. Really, no one cared that he was in a gown.
  • I don't think it's a big deal, but my husband thinks that boys should be in something with pants/legs separated.