Babies: 0 - 3 Months

FF .. Spit up/fussy after ?'s

Hey Ladies

So my LO has been gaining weight fine but when his grandmother was over last night she got me worried about the amount he spits up and how he gets fussy after. Now the spit up is small amounts each time. But once a day or every other during a feeding he will have more. I would not even say its half and ounce but hard to tell. But yesterday during the day and evening and today after he ate he got a little fussy. Not bad. I was able to swaddle him and he was ok after that and went to sleep. Last night was normal no problems with the nighttime feedings.

But she said that if this continues he might not be ok on the formula he is on. Of course now I worry that maybe its a problem and I didnt see it. But I would think this would happen everytime for a feeding and each day and he is almost 5 weeks and would have been going on sooner. Any experience ladies?

Thanks!

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Re: FF .. Spit up/fussy after ?'s

• All our spitup issues are right after a burp or when she isn't able to burp.  The gas issues that we have had are mild and sound almost exactly what you are going through.  Common but small amounts of spit-up and some fussiness.  Try some mylicon or the up&up brand (we use this one and it works very well for us).  Put in a call to the pedi to make sure you can use this first but its pretty rare they will tell you no.
  • I personally would not be concerned if it is only a half an ounce and sometimes more.  That sounds normal to me, but definitely call your pedi if you are concerned.

There is a formula that Enfamil makes specifically for Spit Up.  It is thickened up a little so it stays down better.  I found that a whole bottle of this was too thick and constipated my daughter, but if I did a bottle with half Spit Up and half regular formula, it was perfect.  You just have to find what works for your baby.  :)  Good luck!

Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • I think you would be having a lot more issues than that if you needed to change formula.  My LO spits up when he is burped; sometimes a little bit sometimes more.  He is fussy after a bottle sometimes probably gas related.  You can always check with you pedi to be sure but it seems pretty normal. 
  • image Michele57O:
    I think you would be having a lot more issues than that if you needed to change formula.  My LO spits up when he is burped; sometimes a little bit sometimes more.  He is fussy after a bottle sometimes probably gas related.  You can always check with you pedi to be sure but it seems pretty normal. 

Thank you for the responses I feel better. I just truly think we would have alot more issues if it was anything not normal. But you know how grandmothers (not my mom) can be when they know it all.

I have been putting in gas drops which I feel help him burp much better and maybe even cause less spit up. We bought the walmart generic brand which was twice the size for much less.. just not pink which is really annoying in the middle of the night in the dark.

Michele I love the name Landon and your picture with the monkey outfit Logan has that also. I love that the monkey is on the butt!

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker