Infertility

4th E2 not good plus ovary drilling question

I am not responding this cycle very much at all. We will do our 5th and final E2 on Friday but if that doesn't go well we are going to meet to discuss ovary drilling. That scares the hell out of me.

I don't have much knowledge of the procedure so if you have any info, it would be much appreciated.

I know crazy things happen and maybe on Friday my levels skyrocketed but I'm not very hopeful at all. I'm so disappointed.

Sorry I have been MIA for the last week or so. Things have been crazy. We got our offer accepted on the house we love and we are scheduled to close in a month so things are hectic.

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
There's No Crying in Baseball
***My posts are always SAIFW**

Re: 4th E2 not good plus ovary drilling question

• I don't have much info on the ovarian drilling, but I was looking at something similar of ovarian wedge resection.

From what I understand, they go in laproscopicly and burst the cysts in the ovaries (OWR is where they actually remove them) in order to shrink the ovary down to normal (pcos ovaries are usually twice as large as normal) in order to let the mature follicles burst thru at ovulation, in hopes for a good quality ovulation.

Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
  • I don't know about the procedure - I just wanted to wish you luck! And send you hugs!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Thank you IVF for our little miracles!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry sweetie!! Sending you huge ((hugs))!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Friday!!

I'm so happy about the house though!! Did you get my FB message?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really hope something kicks into gear before Friday.  I'm so sorry for the bad news!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Katie, that makes sense. I wonder how painful it is and what the recovery period is. I'm busy googling, lol

Marie- I think so?? The dates of when you'll be in Sconsin? Sorry, I'm losing my brain, lol. We're about an hour and fifteen minutes north of there so not bad....

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.

My IF/Everything Blog
  • I'm sorry   {{{HUGS}}}

Are you still doing 100iu? Can your doc up the dose?

• I think svp did ovarian drilling.  You can try paging her.

good luck!  I hope you get great news on Friday!

• I had something very similar to ovarian drilling done in August. I think the term OD is out of date, and whatever my RE did, is what they call it now. I had mine for PCOS. I also had an exploratory lap at the same time to rule out endo, fibroids, etc...

It was not that bad, honest :) My surgery lasted about 2 hrs, from start to finish, and once in recovery, I was up and moving around within the hour. Once I got home, the only discomfort I had at all was from the air they pumped in me, so I had pain around my shoulders and it was hard to lie down.

I think my surgery was on a Thursday. By Saturday I was shopping!

My scars are pretty much invisible. You have to look really hard to even find them.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm hoping your E2 levels improve by Friday. Good luck! I don't know much about OD, but I hope you are able to get some answers and solutions.

Congratulations on your house! That's great they accepted the offer on the house you love!

• imageAuburnBride06:

I'm sorry   {{{HUGS}}}

Are you still doing 100iu? Can your doc up the dose?

Sorry, got busy working on a quote.

I haven't updated my siggy, but I've been on 150iu for 3 days now and they'll keep me at this through Friday.

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.

My IF/Everything Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"