Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

moms of early talkers

Do you think you did anything special that helped your LO start talking? DS is nearly 11 months and still nothing. I'm not that worried, just wondering what I can do to encourage him in addition to talking myself and showing him things.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: moms of early talkers

• Options

I wouldn't worry about it.  Just continue reading and talking to your LO. 

DS only says, 'Mama' 'Dada', meows when he sees the cat and goes 'oo-oo-ah-ah' like a monkey.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use a lot of repetition, and did some signing, but she hasn't said any of the words that we sign so I'm not sure if that had any impact.

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD was very vocal early.  She said "Hi, Tillman" (neighbors dog) at 11 months, along with a number of other words.  I talk a lot to my kids and probably in general with friends.  DS is 11 months and babbles, but doesn't say much more than hi, mamma and da. 
  • Options

I sing to my LO a lot, just nonsense songs about what I'm doing around the house.  I also usually have a running commentary about what I'm doing and describing the process. I ask questions, read to her, and repeat her nonsense words back at her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"