Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Any regrets on what you named your LO?

Re: Any regrets on what you named your LO?

• None (Tristan Robert).  BUT once your kid is born with red hair, the beautiful name goes out the window and in comes - Rusty, Sparky, Ginger, etc.  Sigh.
    "What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Michael is just one of my favourite names since I was a kid, so no regrets there!

I used to want to call DD Sydney soooo much! But then we moved to Sydney, and that would have just been weird lol. That said, I absolutely love Sofia & it fits her completely.

• I love your story. It is beautiful and I am so glad you have been blessed with a beautiful baby. I had a little boy by emergency c-section the very same day! congratulations.
  • I have a friend with two sons names Jackson (goes by Jack) and Jameson. I guess they just go together.
  • Not at all. Soren Isla fits her perfectly. Soren is a boy's name, but we think it's beautiful and hopefully she won't hate us too much down the road. We gave her a really girlie middle name so she has a fall-back option.
  • the dad chose the first name (Jonathan) and I chose the second (Chase) but I get so annoyed when people ask if I got it from the Bank... why would I name my child after a bank? But even with all the stupid questions I still love how it goes together =) no regrets
  • I LOVED the name Rylan for a boy, but we have a girl Sidney!
  • We get Cindy all the time for our Sidney also.  We spelled it with an I because that is the way my grandfather spelled his, and she is named after him.  also our last name is Kunz and really could I give a girl 2 y's a k and a z!  The letters you never write!  I had to learn to write all over again when I got married!
  • I have absolutely NO regrets!  I named my 4 month-old daughter Emory and I couldn't be happier!  I love that its not very common at all, but not too far-out, either.  It's a happy mix of unique without being weird.

• I always tell my husband that we can not move to Australia, because we named the baby Sidney.  People spell it wrong all the time!  I just tell them that she is not a city.  I LOVE the name Sofia also!
  • I spelled our daughter's name Sidney which people see as the boy spelling, but her middle name is Alice, so I guess it works.  I had a friend in high school that was Jo Loren.  But it was a BOY!!  So at least when they look at her name together they can tell it is a girl!
  • Not really he's a Joey, there are days when i wish that we had gone with eli joseph instead of joseph eli, but i don't really think that eli suits him as well and if it does when he's older than we will just call him by his middle name
    imageimage
  • No way.  It fits him to a T.
  • imageburning_television:

Absolutely no regrets! I <3 the name Noah Benjamin. It suits DS to a t.

However, I will EFFING STAB the next person who asks me if I named him after the main character in the movie 'The Notebook'. I'm almost seriously considering hanging a sign off DS's car seat carrier handle. Even the nurse at the hospital, when I gave her DS's name, said "Oh, from that Ryan Gosling movie, right?" Umm. Nope. Never seen it.

/mini vent 

Maybe if you watched the movie you wouldn't be so angry about it.  It's a good movie and Noah is a good guy in the movie.  Take it as a complement.  Plus, Ryan Gosling is pretty hot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Nope! None at all! I love her name! I think Isabella Rosa is a Beautiful name and it suits her very well!
  • Never!!! l love my DD name. Briar-Leigh Rose. People ask if we named her after Bryrs Ice cream How stupid is that? LOL She is purfect and so is her name!!
  • She is absolutely adorable! What person would really name their baby Grease, come on ladies! You live in Cali like California or Cali Colombia? 
  • not all she fits her name perfectly.  we had a couple of names we liked when she was born. none of them fit her like autumn jane.
  • That is a gorgeous baby!
  • My daugther's name is Sydney also and older people always think we say Cindy too! I hate that I do this but to clarify I say, "Like in Australia", but that is not why we named her that.
  • Cute name! How do you pronounce it?

Is it "ann" sley or "ain" (like ain't)? I've heard both ways.

• imagetsoyster:

Nope, I love it.

But I really love using both names, so maybe I should have added a hyphen, though I would probably get tons of side eyes.

So, we'll stick with just the first name.

Whoops - hit the wrong button. 

Meant to ask YOU - 

How do you pronounce Ansley's name? 

• Mel12880--

Your daughter has the same name as me! It's timeless! I go by Katie but I have a grandmother who always calls me by my full name, Katherine Elizabeth, because she says its such a beautiful name. :) She also told a cousin of mine the reason why she doesn't call her Molly Jean is because Molly Jean isn't as pretty as Katherine Elizabeth...haha...gotta love the bluntness of an 87 year old woman!

• I have no regrets... the name we picked fits our son wonderfully. He is so amazing! :)

*Sasha Rayne Laurette*

• Hi - I couldn't help but reply when I saw you and your daughter's names.  My name is Stacie and my daughter's name is Sadie. :-) I love her name, but didn't at first - it was my husband's choice and at first I felt it was too close in spelling/sound to my own!  But now I think it is charming, and we have only met one other Sadie. Congrats and take care - Stacie
  • SxiaSxia member
    At first, the first week or so, I called him Griffin (his middle name) a few times. I wasn't sure if Max was really "him"  or not at first. I thought Griffin was his name, but then after a few weeks, I was ok with Max again.
    Samantha Skye - Aug 30, 2006 AND Maxwell Griffin - April 14, 2009
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • No regrets on any of my kids names.
  • It is funny, Matthew was Colin until a week before he was born.  All of a sudden, Colin seemed not right even though I still liked the name.  Matthew was always too common, but it is perfect for him.  He is Matthew for sure.  And...we used Colin as a middle name.
  • One of my 6 year old twin sons is named Jameson (was my maiden name).  Nobody has ever asked about the whiskey, but he did see a billboard advertising it and was quite impressed!
  • Briar Rose is the name the fairies give to sleeping beauty while she is hiding from the evil witch...Just made me think of it. Beautiful name...Briar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • No regrets at all-her name is as beautiful as she is!  We named our DD Celia (Sa-leah) Jeanae (ja-nay).  Jeanae is a variation of my mom and gma's middle name (Jean).  We've seen some people who spell it the same but use the more common pronucation.
  • SLMCRONELAW...I love the name Leighton! I wanted it for my DD's name, but DH didn't like it.

I really don't regret my DDs names. But I do wish DH would have been more open to some of the other names I had picked out for my 2nd DD... Leighton was one of them, and there were some others on the list. I might be having a hard time with it though because she was my last baby. I can't have anymore children, so I know I'll never get to use anymore of my favorite names.

The only regret I have with my DS#2 name is that it is so popular. But we didn't know that until he was almost 2 yrs. old... he's now 7.

• imageShahlala:

I love his name but theres times I wish I had just named him Jasper like originally planned especially when I have to spell out his first name because everyone pronounces it LYNN or RylenD.

URGH!

I know what you mean, I named my 2 yo DD Rylan and people are ALWAYS adding  a D at the end.  BUT I absolutely love her name and can deal with the annoyance. 

On the other hand, I think I would have thought even more about my oldest DD's name.  At the time, Taylor wasn't very popular until I decided to name her that and we gave a middle name of Elizabeth, after my DH's sister.  Never thought of it before until someone asked what her name was and we said Taylor Elizabeth, and the lady responded with, "Oh, like Elizabeth Taylor?"  NOOOOOOOOOO

Oldest:  Taylor Elizabeth 1-13-00

Middle:  Maddison (Maddie) Victoria 7-10-02

Youngest for the moment:  Rylan Faith 10-25-07 

• imageShahlala:

I love his name but theres times I wish I had just named him Jasper like originally planned especially when I have to spell out his first name because everyone pronounces it LYNN or RylenD.

URGH!

I know what you mean, I named my 2 yo DD Rylan and people are ALWAYS adding  a D at the end.  BUT I absolutely love her name and can deal with the annoyance. 

On the other hand, I think I would have thought even more about my oldest DD's name.  At the time, Taylor wasn't very popular until I decided to name her that and we gave a middle name of Elizabeth, after my DH's sister.  Never thought of it before until someone asked what her name was and we said Taylor Elizabeth, and the lady responded with, "Oh, like Elizabeth Taylor?"  NOOOOOOOOOO

Oldest:  Taylor Elizabeth 1-13-00

Middle:  Maddison (Maddie) Victoria 7-10-02

Youngest for the moment:  Rylan Faith 10-25-07 

• Absolutely not!  I love her name.  It also happened to be the only name that we could both agree on!  Her middle name is the same as his grandmother's.  Wouldn't change it from Brynn Rose for anything!
  • Not at all.

I love DS's name.  It's DH's & FIL's middle name and his middle name (Cameron) fit him perfectly when he was born.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My brother named his daughter Reese Morgan. Our grandmother couldn't understand why he would give "a beautiful little girl such ugly boy names". The rest of us love it and the name fits her so perfectly! It's definitely an old lady thing! :-) 

I'm still waiting to meet my baby and find out what it is...but gma approves of my names since they're old-fashioned. I love both but they're too popular.  Emma or Matthew

My only regret is when Rachel on Friends named her baby Emma. I've liked that name since before Friends was a pilot and I knew it would become popular after that!

• nope ... she totally looks like a rosie !
    Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Holy f5'ed post Batman! 10,000+ views!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"