Stay at Home Moms
Options

How Many Wipes Do You Go Through w/ Your Newborn?

I've gone through 13 packs in 2 1/2 weeks...

Is this normal for a newborn or do I need to simmer down on the wipes a bit? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How Many Wipes Do You Go Through w/ Your Newborn?

• Options

What is that? About a pack every day and a half? Seems like a lot to me, but as a brand new mom, you can do whatever you need to. You'll figure out eventually that you can usually use 2 wipes for most poops if you wipe as much as you can with the diaper first. Don't stress too much. You'll figure out how to conserve eventually. 

• Options

I averaged about a pack a week but I know DH used 6-8 wipes per poop in those early days and could easily go through a pack a day!  I think it depends on how much poop is coming out of the baby!   :) 

Who doesn't LOVE baby wipes?!?!?  I still use them!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options

we bought a box of 900 wipes from costco and have 2 or 3 left after almost 2 months of using them so 13 packs in 2.5 weeks seems like quite a few to me.   i use 2-5 wipes per change though but they seem to last awhile.  using for a boy so not sure if that makes a difference.

• Options

I still remember a post when DD was less than a month old and someone asked "Is everyone else using 20 wipes per diaper change??" lol the early poops are nasty. And you get more efficient, and they start pooping less. It'll get better!

But yeah, it sounds like you could simmeh down a little.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I never even thought to use the diaper to wipe off some of the poop.  

And lol to 20 wipes per change... makes me feel a bit better. 

• Options
    I think we go through about a pack a week maybe.  Maybe a little less.  There are a lot of poop in the first few weeks though so I'm sure I went through more.  I have found Up and Up brand (Target) wipes to be great and they are pretty inexpensive.  I buy the huge 700 box of unscented.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sam's Club box of 1500 Huggies in 2 1/2 months
  • Options

I go through a ton. I am as of yet unimpressed with the Up&UP wipes. I bought a small thing of Pampers wipes today to try out and so far I use less and like them much better.

Next up I'm going to try Kirkland.

• Options

Are you using a wipe if the diaper is just wet?  If so, you don't need to. Urine is sterile.  You can just put on a new diaper without wiping.

I still use 4 or 5 wipes on DD with her poopy diapers.  But at this age she usually only has one of those per day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When DD was a newborn we went through TONS of wipes. She pooped with every single diaper change, which was about 12 a day! Craziness. I do NOT miss that phase of a newborn at all, lol.
  • Options
    We go through a lot of wipes. I remember stocking up before DD was born and DH looked at me like I was crazy. When he changed his first dirty diaper he told me we needed to go to the store and get more. Right now we probably go through 15 a day but we don't have a newborn either.
  • Options

Up until about a week ago, DD was still pooping 5-6 times a day.  So...a LOT!

I love the Kirkland.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options

I typically only get one or two diapers per day that are just wet... he does a lot of poopin'.

But... also wasn't aware that you didn't need to wipe if it's just pee.  I get that it's sterile but it still seems kinda' gross?  His pee really doesn't smell though so I guess it doesn't matter. 

• Options
    imageMrsRebecca:

I go through a ton. I am as of yet unimpressed with the Up&UP wipes. I bought a small thing of Pampers wipes today to try out and so far I use less and like them much better.

Same here.  Primarily what I've been using are the million Up and Up tubs I stocked up on and I can't stand them.  The Huggies are great... very thick.  I just picked up a box of the Kirkland ones today so we'll see how they go... 

• Options
    imageMamatoJackson:
    imageMrsRebecca:

Same here.  Primarily what I've been using are the million Up and Up tubs I stocked up on and I can't stand them.  The Huggies are great... very thick.  I just picked up a box of the Kirkland ones today so we'll see how they go... 

Post an update when you try the Kirkland! I'm  curious to hear how you like them.  I might have to pick up some Huggies and see how they are. I know I can get those at Costco.

• Options
    imageMrsRebecca:
    imageMamatoJackson:
    imageMrsRebecca:

Post an update when you try the Kirkland! I'm  curious to hear how you like them.  I might have to pick up some Huggies and see how they are. I know I can get those at Costco.

Yep... as I was checking out, I saw a lady with a huge box of Huggies wipes... unsure of the pricing.

I'll definitely let you know they go! 

• Options
    We are using the Huggies sensitive wipes. I only have to use 2 on average for her poopie diapers. Some do require more. But on average 2 does the job. However, she has A LOT of poopies so we still go thru them pretty quick.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jshfjshf member
    I used to go through a ton with the pampers wipes.  But I switched to Huggies and don't use as many.  They are thicker and less wet, so seems to work better for me.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"