Babies: 3 - 6 Months

single friends..

and by single, I mean single without kids. One is coming to visit this weekend, and she keeps asking about this weekend. She just texted me and said, so where are we going? do you have a taxi # for driving home? I'm still BFing, and I'm really uncomfortable drinking. I will probably go out with her and have one drink, but I'm not in college anymore, and I'm not about to go on a drinking binge with her. I've tried telling her that, but she keeps saying that "it's just one night". 

Bah!! What to say?! 

Re: single friends..

• Say to her one more time.  "Friend, I really need you to understand.  I canNOT go barhopping with you because I am still BF-ing and do not feel comfortable having more than one drink.  I would love to spend time with you so maybe we can do a dinner and have drinks beforehand(instead of after.)"

If she still doesn't get it than don't go out with her.  Clearly she doesn't care or want to care.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just be honest, tell her you love that you guys are going to spend time together, but that your life has changed. 

You could also try drinking at home, that way you can nurse your glass longer and she won't notice.  Also, if you have mixed drinks at home, you could just "forget" to put the alcohol in yours.  

• Loading the player...
  • Also, what is your discomfort towards drinking?  Can DH give LO a bottle while you're gone and you pump and dump?  Or, you just don't want to drink just because?
  • imageburgle:

Just be honest, tell her you love that you guys are going to spend time together, but that your life has changed. 

You could also try drinking at home, that way you can nurse your glass longer and she won't notice.  Also, if you have mixed drinks at home, you could just "forget" to put the alcohol in yours.  

IHO, I don't feel like you should need to fake it.  If she was a true friend she should respect your wishes regardless of whether or not she relates or understands.  You shouldn't feel like you have to pretend in order to be part of the group.

• imagedragon_chica:
    Also, what is your discomfort towards drinking?  Can DH give LO a bottle while you're gone and you pump and dump?  Or, you just don't want to drink just because?

I actually have a really low tolerance, I always have. I don't really like how I feel when I drink too much, which is about two beers.

• imageruth&sam:

imagedragon_chica:
    Also, what is your discomfort towards drinking?  Can DH give LO a bottle while you're gone and you pump and dump?  Or, you just don't want to drink just because?

I actually have a really low tolerance, I always have. I don't really like how I feel when I drink too much, which is about two beers.

Is this friend the kind of person that only has fun when she's drinking and/or drunk?  Because I would probably suggest that you guys do something else and maybe in the daytime if you can swing it. 

• That stinks that your friend is so hung up on drinking.  I have a friend like that and we haven't hung out much since we've had the baby.  I'm not BFing anymore, but who wants to get up in the middle of the night with an infant after you've been drinking, right?  I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your friend.  I agree on suggesting dinner or some kind of activity that doesn't need to include drinking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"