Eco-Friendly Family

problems with PUL leaking?

My BG 2.0s as well as a couple of my KCKOnes leak through the PUL ... not around the legs/top ... actually THROUGH the PUL ... they are soaked just like a fitted. 

What would cause this?  I don't think I need to strip (the diapers are still plenty absorbent), and I don't put PUL in the dryer.  

Do I need to stuff the pockets with more than just a AFFF insert?  Could the hemp just not be holding all of her niagara falls volume pee?  (I swear the child pees constantly)

TIA :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: problems with PUL leaking?

• Some of our KCK's do this. I noticed that the ones of ours that do are slightly different than the rest. They are a heavier more canvas like fabric, than the rest of our diapers.. I quit using them at night or anytime I knew he might be able with out a diaper change...Sorry, I'm not much help.
  • When my diapers leak through the PUL it is because they either have compression leaks (too tight of clothing over it or maybe the carseat strap) or the diaper is just utterly soaked.

Usually I find my print diapers (HH and FB) do this most often, but it has happened to a solid colored BG or FB when she slept extra long and those inserts couldn't keep up, or if the seatbelt squished a part of the diaper and it was a long car ride.

Check the inside condition of the PUL - is it bubbly?  Peeling?  It shouldn't be.  That could also cause this.

• Loading the player...
  • The dryer, especially occasionally, can actually be a good thing for PUL.  It helps to reseal the tiny cracks and pinholes created by sewing the fabric. 

I'd try tossing them into the dryer (so long as your dryer isn't crazy, clothes-meltingly hot). If you're nervous about using the dryer on your stash, just toss a few in there with a clean towel or two.  Keep track of which ones you dried so you know if it helped.  

Also try adding another insert.  If the inserts are fully saturated when you take the diaper off, you're more likely to have compression leaking and wicking.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"