1st Trimester

how to break the news

Ok so even though I am only 5 weeks along there is no hiding this pregnancy I am sick all day among other things. I try to talk about it but she pretends that it is impossible to be pregnant. I know why she is doing this, I know I am young but its not like I'm some high school student who was being bad. My fiance and I are thrilled because we thought I would have a hard time getting pregnant and I want to enjoy my pregnancy and have my family be apart of my mommy experience. Can anybody help me out with how to talk to my mom?
10.2011 Siggy
BM Dresses
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker
*Updated 1/21*

Re: how to break the news

• I'm right there with you in the sickness and all. I had to tell my work because I was sick all the time and taking bathroom breaks like crazy! I also told them I didn't want it to leave there lips since it's so early in the PG. Other than that I haven't really told anyone but our close friends. We are waiting to tell our parents this weekend (my dad's bday). We got something that say grandma and grandpa for them. That way they find out by there presents. Or simply sitting them down and letting them know that you two are excited for the new life that is a head of you.
  • It sounds odd; but just tell her!! When I was pregnant with my first child I was 23 and almost had two degrees and I still got the 3rd degree but they are our parents and they are only trying to protect us. She is your mom and no matter what you do you are her little girl and can probably do no wrong in her eyes. Sure she may put up a front at first because you may be young but if you and your fiance love each other and plan on being together for the rest of your lives she has to accept that one day you two are going to make babies and that baby is coming in 9 months! Good luck!
  • Thanks I feel a bit better about it now. My mom and I have always been close but she is the type to freak out as if I was 16 and the daddy was some punk. I am more stressed out about telling her than I am about the baby itself
    10.2011 Siggy
    BM Dresses
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    *Updated 1/21*
  • my mom was the first person (besides hubby) that i told and she was thrilled.  its my in-laws that i don't want to tell.  i'm still in college and my hubby will be starting back to college this fall after a year long deployment to iraq so my in-laws worry that we will "fail" and not finish school.  we're not telling til after the first doctors appointment though so we still have two weeks to build up the courage.  good luck to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards