Babies: 3 - 6 Months

If your LO has reflux, does he or she ever become lethargic after eating??

Just wondering...DD got really lethargic the other day right after eating but snapped out of her "spell" after like 1 minute (I had to pinch her thigh) and the pedi seems to think it is due to reflux....anyone else go through this?

Re: If your LO has reflux, does he or she ever become lethargic after eating??

• I thought all babies had that kind of "milk drunk" after eating.  My LO does have reflux and does this, but I didn't think it was related.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Vacation
  • image teeah22:
    I thought all babies had that kind of "milk drunk" after eating.  My LO does have reflux and does this, but I didn't think it was related.

No, I'm not talking about milk drunk, I mean she is like in a spell where she can't wake up - we almost took her to the ER.  She wouldn't open her eyes and her face got real pale Tongue Tied

• My DD had really bad reflux (she finally grew out of it) when she had it she would do this weird blank out type of thing and nothing would rouse her from it. Our geneticist (she has other issues not related to reflux) was really concerned about it so we saw a neurologist. Its kind of hard to explain but the neurologist told us that the acid from the reflux affects their brain stem somehow. Its not harmful at all it just makes them do that non responsive thing or throw their head back. Its a natural mechanism to prevent them from choking.

I hope that helps you but if you're really concerned about it or think its getting worse you should mention it to your pedi. 

Diagnosed with ML type II at 1 year, a progressively destructive disorder. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker check out my blog http://mommaskye.blogspot.com/ Expecting a little boy! Diagnosed with ML type II at 19 weeks Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Missy42807:

image teeah22:
    I thought all babies had that kind of "milk drunk" after eating.  My LO does have reflux and does this, but I didn't think it was related.

No, I'm not talking about milk drunk, I mean she is like in a spell where she can't wake up - we almost took her to the ER.  She wouldn't open her eyes and her face got real pale Tongue Tied

Oh wow, scary!  We've definitely never had that happen.  I hope she's ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards