Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

My baby is a porker!!

I started off with BF, but stopped after about 1 week due to issues with latching/LOTS of pain/bleeding and started pumping which has been going well, but the pedi wanted me to start supplementing with formula because her weight wasn't coming up and I was having some issues with my supply at first.  Now my supply seems to be pretty good, but I am still supplementing during a couple feedings a day.  My issue is LO eats so much!! Before we started supplementing, she was eating only about 1 1/2 to 2oz. max (she was 6lbs. 4oz at the time).  As of yesterday, she has brought her weight up to 7lbs. 1oz and she is eating between 3 and 4oz per feeding!!  We try to give her no more than 3, but she will not settle for that.  I almost feel like I am overfeeding her!!  Anyone else have little bottomless pit babies??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: My baby is a porker!!

• Options
    LO eats 3-4oz. every 2 to 3 hours at 2 1/2 weeks. Last night he took 3oz. every hour! He ended up breastfeeding for two hors at one point and I finally gave in and made a bottle of formula and he ate another 3oz right after breastfeeding for 2 hours. At 1 week he weighed 11lbs. 6oz. I'm afraid to see what he's at now lol.
  • Options
    Mine likes to eat as well.  He was 7 lbs 3 oz at birth and gained an ounce at our first check-up.  We were giving him 2 oz every 2-3 hours for the first four days, but he got extremely fussy so we gave him more and he was happy.  At 2-weeks-old, he is 8 lbs 10 oz and is now taking 4 oz every 2-3 hours, with an additional ounce or two every once in a while.  The doctor told us that he has a little "extra" but to give him as much as he wants!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our DS is eating a ton as well.  At 4 weeks he's eating 4oz of BM consistently and sometimes as much as 6oz!! (Though it's rare he'll eat 6oz)  He eats every 3-4 hours.

We told the pedi this and he was shocked at how much he was eating, but wasn't concerned. 

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Our DS will eat anywhere between 1.5 and 4 ounces at a feeding.   He seems to eat larger amounts during the day and smaller portions at night.   I am not sure what he weighs right now, but he doesnt look like a porker.  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"